Thread: Creating Conversions

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Default Creating Conversions

What do you think is the single biggest factor that impacts a visitors decision about whether or not to make a purchase from your site?

I have to have a meeting about one of our sites in a few weeks and I have a theory, but I want to test it out. I'd be interested to see what answers I get to this question here.

Array

clear message. no confusion as to what the offer is. clear sales path, persuasive copy. trust.

I push alot of leads online, but still cant really identify the single biggest factor....probably the copy..

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I'd say the most likely canidate for that position is trust, aka confidence. Even for a small purchase, the trust is a big one. If the item being sold is $5, the money is not the big concern for buyers, it's that they feel safe making the purchase.

I would add that value is not far behind, and needs to be built first so the purchase is even considered.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

There are several factors that go into getting conversions. I'll speak from the retail perspective in my example.

-professional site
    -secure site
    -toll-free phone #
    -a good story (about us page)
    -good selection
    -good images
    -fair pricing(not always the lowest)
    -easy checkout process
    -many payment options

I don't think one is more important than the other, except maybe a professional looking site, but together all these factors can get you a couple steps closer to success.

Array

I would have to add one small thing, is need. Nothing else matters including the dollars, unless the customer believes that they need the product. This comes down a good deal to the copy i would say, it needs to compel them in the believe that they need to buy this product. Probably more important is if the product is more expensive, the copy needs to compel the customer to believe the cost associated with the product is worth it in comparison to the need for the product.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels