Thread: New here. I'm Alex.

Default New here. I'm Alex.

Greetings everybody. Like my title says, I'm Alex and I'm new here. I joined this forum because I know I want to start my own business. I work in a shipyard working 7 days a week and 13 hours a day. I want out of this lifestyle and to control my own destiny. I don't know what kind of business I'd like to start. I was thinking maybe something with tug boats or use my experience here in the shipyard to make my own shipyard business. But I'm really open to anything. I look forward to talking with everyone here and learning from you all.

Welcome, Alex. I also just joined not long ago. I recommend thinking about what you like to do and choosing based on that alone. Even if you aren't the best at something, you can always learn. Once you have that down think of ways to make money from it. Over the years I gained a love for art and technology. This fits perfectly into my current business of web development and graphic design. Best of luck to you in whatever venture you choose.
    Custom Web Development / Graphic Design
    Logics Edge Inc
    www.logicsedge.com

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum. Some time back we had a guy here that was getting together money to buy his own tug boat to start his own company. Sounded expensive to get into, but pretty lucrative. Never heard what happened with him though.

Array

Welcome, Alex!

Sheesh! What do you do at the shipyard 7 days a week for 13 hours a day??!
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Thank you guys for the welcome message. David, I'm currently a tacker since im just starting off. Meaning I'm basically a helper who can tack. I work with fitters who cut and measure all the metal and equipment and put it in the spot it needs to go and I tack it down with stick rods. Then the welders come behind us and weld everything down fully. The current job I'm on is the reason I'm so busy. My company told its client that they could get a year and a half worth of work done in 4 months.

Array

Wow!!! I sure hope they give you potty breaks. ha
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube