Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "...with the holidays and all..." and other procratination excuses of Business Owners

I hide in my house during the holidays except a beer with a friend. So far it's been a pretty good season from that standpoint. I don't think I've been in one retail store other than the supermarket.

The phone is my archenemy. I had 3 calls today and still made money! Had an RFQ at 5:30 today from someone who wants to spend $15k of year end budget money. He has 2 days to do it. I might get the deal and it's 15 minutes work.

I didn't travel to see family this holiday season. Just want to relax. Got up at 11am today (although my partner gets up at 7am everyday so I can get away with that). My plan for Wednesday is to tear my office apart. Its a small room with several computers, 4 phones, a TV, and a sound system. It wasn't very well thought through and I'm still thinking through how I'm going to organize it. Oh, and that doesn't account for a big snoring dog that takes up the middle of the floor space.

I rebuilt two computers during Christmas.

I don't mind working the holidays. It's just nice not to have the urgency of getting something done NOW.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

That's exactly what I've been doing. I rearranged my office and desk a couple of days ago, reconfigured my communications set up, restructured my wifi coverage around the house, and have been working on one of my websites.

Thinking about digging out my old XP Compaq Presario to see if I can use it for anything.

It's actually been very relaxing getting those things done without any interruptions.

Array

Ha! I'm working rearranging my room, too! Out with the old and in with the new!
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube