Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International shipping. Worth it?

Orders to Canada are not too costly if under 4 pounds. At that weight I ship First Class, but let the customer know there is NO tracking on First Class. I give them the option to pay the extra for Priority Mail with tracking.

I have it set up for International customers to request a shipping quote. Then it is entirely up to them on what they do.

Having traveled, worked, and lived outside the US for a number of years (I've live in the US for the last 14 year) DHL was always the best choice. I lived in Panama and El Salvador. Shipping costs to different countries varies. El Salvador is very expensive for example. It's primaily because of heavy taxes. Its basically a dictatorship. The UK I believe is very reasonable although I have no experience with it.

Just a question:
    I can see how this is quite important if you can see this becoming a regular feature of your business, but if this is going to be once-off, does the size of the order justify you doing all of this running around?
    As someone outside of the US, I would love for more US companies to be doing international shipping, so this is really a declaration against my own interest (LOL) but is there any particular reason you don't want to focus on international shipping in general?