Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are tablets good enough for blogging?

My opinion is following:
    Tablets is enough but assuming 2 criterias:

1. Only if blog is already created, you need to just type articles. Of course there are different applications for Android and iOS for creating Wordpress blogs, but me personally don't believe them.

2. You have additional hardware-keyboard for your device. For me display keyboard is very uncomfortable to type.

Array

Just the thought of using a tablet to write a blog gives me fatigue and writer's block.
    Small Business Consultant,
    Olive Branch Business Solutions
    Business Development | Marketing Strategy | Web Development

Array

Macbook Air 11" is a nice hybrid
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Bog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5pm

Array

I find nothing can replace the control available from a web browser on a laptop or pc. You just can't customise your post on a tablet as much as you can on a computer. I'm a perfectionist though.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If I could type on my iPad as fast as I could type on my laptop and if I had similar keyboard control working on the iPad, I could use it for most everything I do. nearly all of my work is either typing code in a code editor or typing text in a text editor. I also work with images. All of those things can be done on a tablet. It's my inability to type that holds me up.

As I do most years, I picked up some iTunes gift cards as gifts this year. I decided to buy a few apps that I've read about that will hopefully make better use of both my iPhone and iPad for work. I don't expect I'll be giving up my laptop anytime soon. In fact I'm getting ready to buy a new one. I'm looking for ways to integrate all my devices into my workflow. There are a handful of iOS apps for the purpose of automating some tasks. For example an app called Drafts, is meant as an easy way to add any text quickly. Get an idea and the app is ready. The reason people use it is because you can set up some automation to send the text you entered somewhere else. It might be to Evernote or it might be to a to do app or it might be something you append to an article you're writing.

There are a few apps that can chain other commands together and again automate some tasks.

I've purchases a few, but haven't used any yet or set up any kind of automation. It's a goal for 2015 though. I think most people who grew up before all these devices exist have a hard time typing on them. People who are growing up with them don't have the same problem. Regardless of how well you type I think all your devices can be put to use. I don't expect to every work on a site or write an article on my phone, but I can easily record a few ideas for an article or login to a server to make a quick edit on a file. It's the device I'll have with me all the time.

My laptop is the one I'll use for most work, but my iPad is my device of choice for reading and anything sketching or drawing related. It could be better than the latter, but it's the next best thing to pen and paper.

What I also find is more and more apps sync across all devices. I may not sit down to work on my phone for a few hours, but I know I can use it for a number of things when it's the only device within reach.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals