Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yard signs-how is it done?

I still have the sign on my fence from the fence company 3 yrs later!!!

I agree - just ask - if you do a good job and the sign is unobtrusive, I'll normally keep it up for a month or so (or until I get bored!)

Also, at least in my town there ar lots of signs by busy traffic light intersection, stuff for folks to read while they are waiting for the green light....

Simon
    NJ Website Design - helping you maximize the PROFIT from your website

In my neighborhood, painters and contractors often put up their signs while the project is going on, but they usually come down as soon as they leave. I think there would be some reluctance to leave up a yard sign for a minor plumbing job, but I don't see why most people wouldn't be OK with a sign when there is an ongoing remodeling job (even if the plumbing part of the job may be done).

Array

If you do decide on doing the yard signs, here is a hint to reduce cost. When using the corridated plastic, use a standard size. This may mean repeating your sign several times on a single peice of plastic. Then cut the signs a part with a skill saw.

We did this with our yard signs. we had them printed 3 up on a standard size. It did required a very small change in the sign to adjust for a 1/8" loose due to cutting. However, instead of getting 250 signs we received 750 signs for only about 10% more.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

thanks for the sign tip...

i was thinking of ordering 100-cheap cardboard ones

if i only kept the signs out while im on the job they would all last 2-6 hours since im hardly doing large jobs anymore....my main local competitor has to be putting them out on every job reguardless of size...there's just too many...

on any large job on a busy street i Always put out a sign...

my large sign on a 1900 white victorian being restored, on a 25 mph, around a 90 degree turn (10 mph) has been there now for 9 months....1 job....$200

everyone tells me they see my sign there....but no new calls from it...every time i get a return customer they say they saw it....suppose thats worth something..i dont see signs working very well...

In most cases I don't think yard signs create sales, but they very much reinforce other sales messages you may have out there. People may receive one of your postcards and recognize the name from a sign they saw on a house up the street. That association goes a very long way in creating recognizability ... and even credibility.

Just because a sign doesn't directly bring in business (and sometimes it may), don't think it's not doing its job.
    Last edited by Remipub; 04-14-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: grammar nazi ... fixed redundancy