Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: need a logo for my site

Array

Quote Originally Posted by minjucubet View Post
    Can I know your budget for this?
    Nope. You need to give a quote either based on size or anticipated time. Asking that question is a snake oil salesman's method of getting the most out of you - regardless of what costs and actual market values are.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Registered Member
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I would agree with the ones that suggested Fiverr if you are on a budget. At 5 bucks a logo you could get 40 different guys to design a logo for you (at 5 bucks each) and throw away the 39 you don't like and be at the $ 200.00 mark. Or of course get 10 different guys to do it, your cost 50 bucks and if you don't like those get another 10 guys to do one. Sooner or later someone will get something you love.
    I am with Turboguy, spend 50 bucks and get 10 ideas...

Where is it written that Fiverr doesn't have quality designers because it is 5 bucks? They do have quality designers. Why are so many looking at price as a determining factor to good design? Advice like you need to spend more than 200 bucks...money is not a good way to decide if the logo will be good or not...

Simple is usually the best logos. Look at: Amazon, GM, Ford, the list goes on and on. These designers that put an art Deco spin on the design that takes 2 weeks to interrupt and cost 10K are really not the way to go...

You need to learn from the experts like General Motors...RR

Banned
    Array

The best way to go about getting a great logo is to hold a Logo Design Contest. There's thousands of these threads in forums online.
    For instance go to a web design forum and post a thread for 72 hour Logo Design Contest $50. You will get hundreds of members/logo's to choose from. Whichever logo you decide to use that designer gets the $50.

This is helpful if you don't have an exact idea of what you want the logo to look like. I would never pay $200 or above for a logo.

Try 99designs.com please.

The price seems fine. But I would check out 99 design, just to get a few more ideas.

Array

As the above poster said Fiverr.com can be a great resource. There are a great many providers advertising there and they all provide samples of their work.

Google it or contact some freelancer, or else some online stores on discount providing websites Gogetdeals

There are so many freelancers available out there for this kind of work. Also, if the logo is of a corporate company then it'd be good if you hire a proper agency that has branding in their services.
    Get the best website for your business from the top website design agency.

What's the niche of your business for which your are looking to create that logo? This information will help a lot for quick suggestion.