Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need a logo for my site

AJ123

99designs.com is the best service i have ever used for logo design. For a couple hundred bucks you will get design options from dozens of designers. Once you choose your favorites they will work with you on revisions unil you get what you want. The designers compete against each other and only the winner gets paid so they have incenive to listen to your wants and do a great job for you.

Quote Originally Posted by on_my_own View Post
    Can anyone suggest a logo designer for me to look into? I'd like a new logo for my site and just need a logo that's simple and unique. I've searched around and most websites charge anywhere from $200 and up. Wondering if anyone here knows a site I can check out for a better deal?

Thanks
    Fiverr . com is right up your street, go check it out and thank me later. i like chocolates

Array

As opposed to fiverr, I might also try 99designs. There you could start a contest and have artists bid. In the end, you can select the winner from those who submitted.

All the best!

Array

Don't skimp on logo & branding. Steer clear of the cheap cookie cutter logo services. Hire a professional designer who has an existing portfolio of unique, non-template based logos "that are presently being used on and off the web." Regardless of the misconceptions about this always being expensive it's not if you find the right designer, freelancer, or agency to do it.

Just my two cents but if a reasonable fee for a great, unique, custom logo that "fits" is out of your budget you may want to rethink your business model. The truth is that if you want your business to be perceived as professional you can't afford not to have a great logo and high quality branding.

I've had experience with 99designs and another couple of these type of sites, and can say they provide very good results mostly (with some touch-ups you can probably get a quality result). However, it's VERY important to create a good design brief so that the designers understand what you want from them, since there's less of a personal touch compared to hiring one designer to work with.

BTW, not all sites are above $200, there's also 48hourlogo which gets you less results, but you can find quality there, and definitely better than fiverr...
    There's also this site which compares the top design sites, might be helpful - thecrowder.com

You might give 99designs.com a try. I know a few people who've had some luck there and you get a few different options.

Array

Try fiverr.com .. you can get a simple logo for $5 .. I'm not in a position to vouch for quality though as I design my logos myself. There are plenty of online tools available which are free and pretty effecient.

Array

I love these "race to the bottom" suggestions.

For people who use fivr or want freelancers to Thunderdome-it on 99 designs... I truly, truly hope you offer your OWN services that way.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Array

I would agree with the ones that suggested Fiverr if you are on a budget. At 5 bucks a logo you could get 40 different guys to design a logo for you (at 5 bucks each) and throw away the 39 you don't like and be at the $ 200.00 mark. Or of course get 10 different guys to do it, your cost 50 bucks and if you don't like those get another 10 guys to do one. Sooner or later someone will get something you love.

Can I know your budget for this?