Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi folks

Array

Default hi folks

hi folks,
    I used to be around SBF, but havent posted for quite a while, so thought i would check out the new small business forum and its looking pretty good so far.

hopefully i can add to something useful to some of the discussion around here.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Hi, MVD, welcome to the forum.

We're always glad to see new faces.

Array

Was MVD your name on the old forum?
    Steve B

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I remember the user name, but it's been quite a while like you said. Thanks for the compliment, and welcome to our new hangout.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Matt. For those who don't know Matt used to be the owner of the old forum for a time.

Thanks for joining and hope you enjoy your stay.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Matt, since you were at one time the owner of the SBF, let me compliment you on a great forum. I was a member for over 3 years and enjoyed it a lot. Like the others here, I was very displeased with how the new owner took a great forum and neglected to keep it up properly (told us through his actions that we weren't that important), which is why we are here. But until that point, the SBF was the best forum for small business. It was well run and I was glad to be a part of it. We all regret what it became over the past few months, and moved here to continue what was lost, but I know from my experience there that we all appreciated the forum. It attracted some very good people.

This new forum is starting out well to duplicate that success, but only because the SBF at one time had the "magic" needed to do that in the first place. To have a previous SBF owner here with us is encouraging. I don't know why you stepped down, but we all owe you thanks for being part of it before it became mismanaged to the point where we felt the need to make this move.

I remember your user name, but I did not know you were the owner or I would have thanked you long ago. I do know there were several discussions on the old SBF about how great the forum was, so I hope you were able to see some of thse discussions.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

thanks Steve. I poured alot of time and effort into the old SBF back in the day and it did grow into a great forum, but the help of people like Corey, Joel, Philip, Vangogh and yourself (and many others) was what really made it a great place to be.

Good to see most of the crew are around here. Where is Corey?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Matt I've been a little worried about Corey. He stopped posting on the forum sometime in March. I've done some searching for him and visited a lot of places where I've seen him post and everywhere the posting stops in mid March.

He would disappear from time to time for a few weeks, but never for this long.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for starting the old one and welcome to the new!
    CoachMorse.com (coaching website)
    Road to the Ironman (youtube channel)
    Follow me on Twitter

Array

Hi! Glad to have you!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing