Thread: dear vg....

Array

Default dear vg....

i just got a private message about ****** dysfunction....as a private message thru the message board........from version ux...
    .i get these at home a lot...also about being fat wrinkley and getting old....lol
    ann
    Last edited by greenoak; 03-20-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

Yup seems like there was a little spam fest around here last night...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yep. I just cleared it all out. Sorry about the PMs. I got them too. The spammers have all been banned and I cleared out the posts. Nothing I can do about clearing out the PMs so I apologize for your having to see them.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

We know you do your best and we appreciate it.

I participate in only 3 forums actively now and part of that is because all of them have great spam protection.

So thanks again for all your attempts to keep it clean here.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I try. I added a few things on the backend to hopefully keep this person out. I'm pretty sure the PMs and the posts we got today were all one person who I've been regularly banning for a few weeks. There are some spam prevention things that can be automated, but others that still need a human touch.

One thing that makes it easier on my end is when people here report the spam. We're still a small enough community where the spam stands out, but the larger we grow the easier it will be for us to miss. When people here report spam it makes it much easier to catch.

Thanks.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals