Thread: Hello from San Diego

Default Hello from San Diego

Hello all. I am in the early stages of planning out my small business venture to open up my own plumbing service and repair business. This venture is at least 6yrs away. Right now I do new construction plumbing. Currently I am about to enter my 2nd year of a 4 year plumbing apprenticeship. After I complete my program and test out, I will pursue my contractors license. Immediately after graduating i plan on getting into a shop that does service and repair for about 1yr to a year and a half. I hope to learn a lot more about the business side of that part of the trade.

Until then, I am here and everywhere else I can learn about small business. I appreciate the community here and hope to learn an abundance of wisdom, I also hope to pass on any knowledge or insight I can. Thank you, and I hope to talk more soon!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum SDplumber. I was going to ask why do you have to wait 6 years to start the business, but I see it's for a good reason. In fact starting to think about the business now is good. By the time you can take that step, you'll probably have figured out quite a few things most of us don't learn until a few years of running the business. Don't worry though, there will be plenty to learn once your business is running too.

Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Thank you for the welcome. I know I'll learn a lot within this community.

Yes, I am waiting for at least 6 years so that I can learn the trade first. I have only been plumbing for two years. I still have much to learn.

Array

Welcome, SDplumber!

I hear plumbing is a great trade, especially when you branch out on your own!!
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube