Thread: e-commerce, social media, UK/Australia

Default e-commerce, social media, UK/Australia

hi all,

I have a website that sells extra virgin olive oil (if you want after you leave the link, I would not be accused of spam, in the first post)

My questions:

I am interested primarily in the UK market: Have you advice about the best social media strategy for the united kingdom? (gplus? FB?)

I would be interested also in the Australian market. Do you have experience of e-commerce sites on this market?

thanks

You should create a profile on all the major social networks, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, G+ and so forth. The reason being, is this builds up social signals and backlinks to your website which help build authority in the long run.

Facebook use to be a great place to connect with your customers, but recently they did some updates to fan pages that made your visibility pretty slim. You still need a facebook page, but I'd only post occasionally on there to keep it looking alive.

Twitter is a wonderful way to stay connected to your current customers. I think of it as a communication channel, where you could post quick updates on what's up with your business and what new products you might have coming out. Also, it's an easy way for your customers to contact you and ask questions.

Instagram is where it's at right now for connecting with potential clients. Instagram users prequalify themselves for products and services by hashtagging their photos and following their favorite brands. Businesses can take advantage of this by targeting hashtags their market might be using and engaging directly with their photos, thus gaining their attention and their business.

G+ is another filler network in my opinion. Not enough people are actively using it to warrant a whole lot of time being spent there, but it's another major network and you should create a page to help build up your businesses authority.

Extra virgin olive oil is a pretty common product that you can find in most grocery stores, so you might be hard pressed to gain customers via social media unless there is something unique about your brand that will make people want to buy from you... Such as a percentage of profits being donated, or you yourself being the selling point. Because it's social media, you could make yourself the figure head and if people like you, they would be more willing to buy from you.

Good luck!
    Instamarketer - Instagram Lead Generation

Target your perfect customer and drive massive amounts traffic to your website.