Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Should every small business have a website?

I concur with Harold. Facebook may work extraordinary now, however consider the possibility that they change something in two years and your 1000 posts don't benefit you in any way any longer. You have no control. With your own site you have control.

Array

As much as possible small businesses must have a website especially targeting different locations from their target region.

Yeah, i think if you want to improve and enhance your business than you should have a website of your business.

Yes, 100% should have a website. And collect emails.

Quote Originally Posted by websitebuildersteacher View Post
    Do you think every small business should have a stand-alone website? I mean not a profile on Facebook or similar, but a website under it's own domain name?

I think not every business needs a website. For example it doesn't make sense to advertise a local greengrocer's shop online. Or maybe I'm wrong? What is your opinion?
    Social media platforms like facebook can change the rules at any time. For example, one day all your page followers could be seeing your posts in their facebook feeds and then the next day facebook decides they want to charge you for your posts to display in your own followers feeds. I think this example actually happened to an extent. For this in other reasons, you want to have command over your internet engagement strategy. That means at the very least having a standalone website.

Edwardsville Fence & Deck Company
    Array

I think most of the time nowadays, yes. Depends on the business though I suppose.
    Edwardsville Fence & Deck
    Fence Contractor serving Edwardsville, IL and the surrounding areas
    https://edwardsvillefencecompany.com/

Array

Yes I think every business, organisation, person should have a website, even if it's a one page personal website. I consider websites to be the mothership of your content form which you loan out your content to other sites, such as YouTube. As people have written above, social media sites and apps come and go, but you remain in control of your content.
    ► Practically all CRMs lack the one feature that drives all business success - Proactive contains that feature. Thirty day free trial - Click here.

Start Up Company
    Array

Yes, small businesses too have stepped towards successful marketing strategies and they are working shoulder-to-shoulder with big organizations. Having a website is a great way to collect quality leads and convert them into honest customers eventually.

Rice Content Marketing and Design
    Array
    Rice Content Marketing and Design

Yes, absolutely! While it may not be the primary source of traffic, you don't want to miss any opportunity to deliver your business to those who might be searching for it. Your website shows customers you are available and want to reach them as much as they hopefully want to reach you. I've been working on this with a friend who owns an electrical business. We finally got him on Facebook and he's doing great! He would benefit from at minimum a single online landing page to solidify customer's trust that he's a legitimate business, and allow anyone who isn't a Facebook user the chance to engage.
    Diana Donaldson, founder Rice Content Marketing & Design
    ricecmd.com | diana@ricecmd.com

Array

I read most of the comments and imho it really depends on your business. I have 3 businesses (RE, funding and credit repair) all inter related and I don't have a site for two of those businesses. I recently created a site on wix because I have the domain and have all 3 companies with this domain as a holding company and not to confuse any clients.

I have a few fb pages but only really focus on one of the pages. A website imho does not mean you are anymore legit to me with or without.

Again this is my opinion and based on my businesses and experience.