Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A littile honesty about Mobile Design and phone usage

Banned
    Array

It was so nice before I hit age 40.... I could look at small things and recognize what they were without squinting. Now I need reading glasses and figure out the optimal focal point to hold the item so I can see it.

Small devices are not going to replace my dual 27" monitors ever. But, then again, people who are in the business of making predictions like this are never held accountable when a prediction like "the next billion people to get online will be doing so on a mobile device" doesn't come true.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I will say, after I broke my 3rd 7" tablet I got a Note 4 with a 5.7" screen and haven't had the need to jump right out and get another 7" tablet.
    But my desktop is still my preferred internet device. Followed by my 17" laptop. Even smaller laptops just don't do it for me. Not enough room.

I figure if I'm pulling out a laptop that means I need to do something that I can't do on my phone...probably work related, so why mess around with a 13" or 15" screen? I can't work on that.

Again, did I mention that I'm not 20 anymore? I like big viewing areas. Still haven't graduated to the super large font yet, so at least there's that.