Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website Traffic Dropped in Half in Past Two Months

I can relate to Powered's question as I also have experienced a definite drop in traffic over the last few months to my site. My site is retail product and I realize that shopping online is evolving. In my case, I think people want sites that can do more than a lot of small retailers like me can offer.

I have been experimenting with putting product on ebay and another new retail market to try & offset this. They offer all the bells & whistles that I can take advantage of. But I am still trying to improve my site at the same time. I'm open to comments on my site also.

Array

Traffic drop is associated with a significant drop in your ranking as far as your targeted keywords are concerned. It could be the result of the Google update that you referred to. It may well be that you get outranked by your competitors. This can be quite frustrating when you lose a substantial amount of your daily traffic while having no idea of the cause of the problem.

Array

Hard to say. Google certainly can do things that can hinder your ranking.
    There are so many ways to market online these days to generate traffic. Explore all the options.
    SEO is only one way. Consider a mobile app for your business. Mobile is huge right now and you
    will reach another audience.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

I do not see any major Google update in your mentioned time period, are you sure you are following the correct process of SEO? Sometime it happens that you keep on working like link building and they are not getting indexed so on the whole your link building process remains zero that may also result in drop of traffic.

Or your website may have duplicate content and you may not be familiar with this, sometime other copy fro your original content and they get index early that yours and Google think your's is duplicate.

Array

Is your site E Commerce, or dependant on leads? Have your Profits or leads suffered? If so, then you will need to improve what you are offering your clients. If not, keep an eye on your rankings, but don't sweat traffic too much, a huge amount of traffic and low sales/conversions isn't helping you. Get rid of the tyre kickers and appeal directly to your core audience.