Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: creating a call to action

Array

I spent last night getting some more pages created, for the contact us, I used "Contact Us Today", good idea? Bad?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not really disagreeing with you either. More stoking the debate than anything else.

I'm not sure people automatically end up at the home page needing to know about what you do. I agree most everyone will inevitably get to your home page, but when they do it could be more a way to orient themselves as opposed to needing to understand what you do. Depends on the site and the visitor of course.

You really have no idea where people are going to enter your site. I can tell you based on my stats most people don't enter at my home page. It's a popular page, but not the most popular landing page. Because of that every page of your site needs to be giving out that basic info of what your company does. Ideally people should be able to tell no matter what page they land on.

All it really takes to get across what you do is a couple of quick sentences. You're elevator pitch. You can add that above the first blog post of in the sidebar and make it visible enough to get the info across.

And again I'm not really disagreeing with you. If you look at my site you'll notice my home page is not my blog home page. I prefer to set things up the same way you're describing. Just trying not to limit the thinking that it has to be done that way. I've seen many sites that do have the blog as the home page and it still works well for them. Some depends on the business model and how and where they're promoting themselves.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

you're so diplomatic. If we ever take over the world, you can be the president. I'll be the sec of defense or something... (i.e.: "bomb them")
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny I do like stoking debate though. Sometimes I'll say things here just to see how the conversation develops.

Not sure I'd ever accept the job of president. I like working behind the scenes. Maybe adviser to the president.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals