Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odesk for web Developers?

A friend outsources IC design and development to India and other places. The thing is, he has spent 30 years building up good known contacts. It can be done!

Array

Odesk can be great for projects that are more task based and require little creative thinking. The developers found on Odesk often excel at these types of projects. Simply give them a list of exactly what needs to be done and they'll run down the list with no problem.

Odesk begins to fail when your project requires creative direction from your developer. The developers there traditionally aren't very creative and have trouble providing any creative/technical insight into your project. Developers on Odesk are often vendors, not partners. They can get the job done when given a list of instructions but can't really help in terms of guiding you along the way when you have questions.
    Find a reliable U.S. based freelance web/mobile developer on matchist.

Array

Odesk is great.

I would also recommend:

People Per Hour
    Elance
    Guru
    Fiverr
    Freelancer

I have been very successful in outsourcing some works to the odesk contractor for a cheaper price that a company could ask for more. But there are also some contractors without much knowledge and you need to be more careful while hiring. There is also a good facility of interview and if you will follow, then it is a pretty good platform for all, I have used elance as well apart from odesk.