Thread: Desperately Seeking Advice

Default Desperately Seeking Advice

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
    ― Socrates

Well, I know nothing. I have a small amount of money and some in my various children's accounts but I want something that my 19 year old can work for/manage/go to school? I'm just not sure and you are the smartest people on the web about this so I'm asking PLEASE! I am also a disabled veteran and I know that may help in some way. Also, what is this trackback and tags stuff? Do I need it? What business stuff should I get? I'm totally out of my realm.

You must be more descriptive. I am not certain what you want . . . let me know more and I will share my thoughts.

Array

Just because you start a company doesn't mean your child would want to work for you/would be interested in what your business is. You should be figuring out what you know how to do and how you can offer a product or service to someone who may need it.

Keep the money in your children's account. Don't use it.

Just know that it will take years for you to make any new business profitable. Starting a business because you wan't your child to have something to do is a bad reason to start one.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Don't create a business just to give a job to your child. Help your child if he has a great idea of business and is 100% motivated.
    Iprosh : provides online tools for small business to easily manage online your work and clients with website, portfolio, blog, online store, booking application, project tools. Use what you need or get everything

Array

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” - Socrates

For starters, Socrates was wrong. Secondly, to create a business for the sole purpose of having your son work and manage it, is simply creating a unnecessary burden for both you and your son... Especially if you expect your son to juggle both a start-up business and school. Business, in itself, is a harsh mistress. It's something you have to fully commit to in order have any real chance of success.

If you truly want to know what to do, you are asking the wrong people. Ask your son what type of business you should start and if he would be interested in going into business with you or at least manage the business someday. Keep in mind, you'll have a 0% chance of success if you put your son in charge of a business that his heart isn't into or he doesn't really care about.
    Last edited by BizAdvisor; 12-08-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Small Business Consultant,
    Olive Branch Business Solutions
    Business Development | Marketing Strategy | Web Development

Registered Member
    Array

Find out what the kids love to do. Pay them for it and guide them into creating a business from it. I think business traits are embedded in them. I've always had that create a business trait in me.

You need to find something that your child is passionate about and go from there. Creating a business doing something you love is much more enjoyable and many times seems easier when you love what you're doing. I would have a long talk with your child and discussing a plan involving goals for the future. Learn, Learn, Learn as much as you can and then take take steps towards your business goal.
    Kyle Johnston - Founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group. We guide individuals and small businesses toward success.
    www.krjinteractive.com