Thread: Rate My Business Name

Default Rate My Business Name

I am working on starting a mobile app development company, but the only name I have so far is StreetDev, like street developer. There's a part of me that likes the name but another part that thinks it doesn't make any sense at all.

Let me know what you think, any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
    William

Array

I think it would help everyone if you gave a little more context, elaborate a little more on what your company does... Is it a template-based online creator for users to create their own apps, kind of like Appy Pie? What is the notion behind the name "Street Developer", why did you choose that?

You said there is part of you that doesn't think it makes sense... Do you mean it won't make sense to others, or it doesn't even make sense to you?

Array

If it doesn't make sense to you it won't make sense to your customers/prospects.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

What I mean by I don't think it makes any sense is that it only really has a meaning with me. I have not yet started this businesses, but I am working towards it. I need a name first of course, and I thought of street dev because when I think of the name I think of street artists, who create beautiful artwork from nothing. Just like how I create apps out of nothing, like its own sort of art form. The business would be service based, I would get project requirements from the client and develop their applications to specification. I like the name, but there is just something that feels iffy about it. So I am just trying to get someone else's perspective

Array

How's about MoAppDevelopment or a variation of?
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of the name, but then again the name of my business alone doesn't exactly scream web design. It's all in how you market it, as in adding the a description to it....such as "Street Dev Mobile App Developers". Now it makes sense.

My first step is always to see what is available to be registered as a domain. Makes no sense to agonize over names that aren't even available, and if you can't register the exact name then it's not worth using.

Array

I agree with Harold the name doesn't say 'what you do". I always like simpler names that give some clue as to what the business is about. Harolds name has 'web solutions" in it so its pretty clear what he does. Sometimes we get too "cute" with company names.

Appsnow, or Apps Solutions or something. In my opinion the words street and dev will not mean anything to customers.