Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What more would you do in this situation?

Default What more would you do in this situation?

a yoga teacher course is starting in a couple weeks and you need to do swift promotion...

here is what i have done:
    *Facebook advertising - $80/day, only facebook feed. 2 different ads, same photo and audience specs but one photo has text and the other doesn't.
    *Google ads
    *inserted banner image on my facebook page and business page that has information about course
    *shared course in local related facebook and google+ groups. also shared neutral content such as self recorded music.

other ideas? much appreciated!

Array

Have you ever tried working with any meetup.com groups that revolve around yogi's? You can offer a discounted rate for people that come from that group. The organizers of those groups are always looking for new and exciting things to bring their members to!
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

i do have connections with meetup groups but need to work something out with the organizers since many of them teach their own courses as well.

The meetup group sounds like a good idea, although I personally have not toyed with it so I can't offer any advice there. Is this Yoga course a digital product online or a local class? Regardless, you may consider building a squeeze page promoting the opportunity and drive paid traffic to it through something like AdWords. I wouldn't trust facebook's advertising platform.

If you can and it fits for this particular product, I would suggest paid advertising on yoga blogs or forums. That's targeted traffic, although it can be expensive.

the course is taking place at a location so i have been targeting people around me in ads. i am also directing ad clickers to a page on my website that is specifically about the course but i am thinking about making a "landing page" separate from the website. will look into paid ads next time, as well as local bloggers who can mention my course.

If yoga is anything like martial arts, local people aren't going to promote you. I know a yoga instructor who flys around the world doing yoga and martial arts classes. What he has done though, is made an international name for himself.

The thing here is, do you want a local only client base or a national or international client base? You make more money from the latter.

I know this doesn't help you for your immediate situation, but its something to think about.

Banned
    Array

Get out of the house and away from the keyboard. Go to local gyms, the grocery store, nearby schools, wine bars, the local Panera (and other restaurants where women would go for lunch) and put up flyers.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

See if you can get on the local news. Morning and Afternoon news shows always do health, cooking, craft and other business spotlights and are always looking for people.
    I would think getting the newscasters in a few Yoga posses is just the kind of thing that would be appealing to them.
    I see local businesses do it all of the time.

Array

We have an outdoor events center here called "Celebration Square" that constantly hosts festivals.. they have a daily outdoor gym schedule where people can have free classes.. you can try giving out some info to locations that offer this type of outdoor stuff?
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

You're going about this the wrong way. You're asking the question in the wrong way.

Your question is essentially asking "what other media can I use to advertise."

What your question is lacking is a question about conversions and targeting. I'll come back and describe this in more detail later.