Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That buzz thing?

Array

Default That buzz thing?

what have yall used to create buzz for your compaines online that didnt really cost that much. im really just starting to move in the online direction with my stuff and i have been using craigslist but I find that is not working well and im trying to work with other companies that i think could benefit from me and vice versa on a spot on their web page. I wanted to know of anything else that im missing out on or could be doing to improve sales coming from online.

my business I have been getting all my clients from the "real world" and im paying for my site that is not really pulling its weight. im a one man band so I can go and buy huge ad words and the like due to my budget now.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

It really depends on what the company is. Finding forums that are geared toward people who might use your product and/or service is one idea. Finding bloggers who write about subjects that would be applicable to your product or service and asking them for a review is another idea. Writing some articles for free for online or print magazines that are geared toward your customer base can also be helpful.

Array

Thanks kristines yeah I will have to go on the hunt for bloggers who can do reviews of my products, I'm not the best at writing but if I want this guess I'm going to have to get on the ball writing stuff. Maybe I can start a blog of some sort as well thanks for the ideas

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

One thing about approaching bloggers to review your products is that it helps to have formed a relationship with them of some sort prior to asking. You have to have an answer to "what's in it for them" before they're likely to write a review.

The first thing I would suggest for promoting the site is to create a signature here on the forum (and any others where you post) and make sure your signature links back to your site. You have to tell people about the site before they'll visit so wherever you have an opportunity to link back to your site, link back to your site.

Find bloggers in your industry and get to know them by leaving comments on their blog. Write comments for them that ask questions and add to the discussion started in the post. If you do that consistently with a few bloggers it becomes easy to email them and have them open the email and reply.

Join social communities online that deal with your topic. Get to know the people there and network with them like you would offline.

If you add a link in your signature we can take a look at your site and let you know if there are things you could do to improve the site.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

the most commented thing on my site probably is my freebie....the paint recipe....its about them and its real and useful..... i want to try for more of that ...people come in and thank me for it....
    they love all the pictures of the inventory too...i hear about that, and how they like to come and just prowl around the site....like they do at the store...ann
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

wow cant believe i forgot to put my signature in here, some of you may have seen my site in the old forum. Im going to put that in there now.

vangogh
    thanks for that info it makes sense to develop a relationship with bloggers by commenting on their post, and doing it often. I was thinking how to start a relationship with a blogger from nothing and that fits the bill perfect. and I will have to find other forums that deal with my industry as well.

greenoak
    i like how on your site you incorporated your customers on some of the pages. I need to work on that as well. and the pictures of your inventory is a great idea for your company as well. thanks for the insight.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

When it comes to building relationships think first about what you can do for the other person, which is why commenting on their blog makes sense. You give your time to help their blog. In time though you'll find they'll be much easier to approach.

And don't forget your signature.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

yeah I really do think it is important to think about what I can do for the other person rather than think just about what I will gain out of this. it seems that the forum does add my signature to my old post oh well its on my new ones now.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm not sure why it doesn't add them to the old posts. I'll have to poke around on the backend and see if I can figure out why and then fix it.

Edit: I found the fix. You're old posts should now be showing your signature.

I think the buzz that gets generated for some products today happens more by accident than intentionally. If it was easy to reproduce then everyone would be able to create that buzz for their company.