Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Is Watching the Olympics?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

George the swimming is what's pulling me in. I didn't see the relay, but heard about it and saw highlights. I think what Michael Phelps is hoping to accomplish is special and will build drama with each gold he wins.

I do in general like the events at the summer Olympics. I"ve been following the women's softball team for a couple of years and am curious how the men's basketball team does.

Even though it's hard for me to get as excited as I used to about the games, I still seem to get pulled in after a few days.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    George the swimming is what's pulling me in. I didn't see the relay, but heard about it and saw highlights. I think what Michael Phelps is hoping to accomplish is special and will build drama with each gold he wins.

I do in general like the events at the summer Olympics. I"ve been following the women's softball team for a couple of years and am curious how the men's basketball team does.

Even though it's hard for me to get as excited as I used to about the games, I still seem to get pulled in after a few days.
    Don't forget beach volleyball... what guy doesn't like watching women's beach volleyball? That'll pull you in in a matter of seconds!
    CoachMorse.com (coaching website)
    Road to the Ironman (youtube channel)
    Follow me on Twitter

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Well that goes without saying doesn't it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Personally, I like Men's Diving. Half naked, muscular men. Can't beat that.

I heard the opening ceremonies were spectacular as well. I haven't had the time to watch any of it though.

Array

I haven't watch the Olympics for years - since I have lived in the US, in fact. The trouble is, I have had the privilege to watch the Olympic broadcasts in some pretty small countries - ones that maybe had one or two contestants. As a result, the TV coverage was of the *whole* games.

In contrast, the TV coverage in the US is appalling, and this year seems to be no better. The bits I have tried watching (before switching off in disgust) are only of matches that include an American, and only the American constestant is discussed by the commentators. I watched a particular track event yesterday, where the American was running around 5th. There was the occasional mention of #1,2,3 and 4 - hardly any mention at all of any of the others - and all talk was about the American. As they approached the finish, the American started to make some ground and gained a couple of places. The commentators were getting all excited, regardless of the fact that the Kenyan in the lead was increasing his lead. At the finish, the camera zoomed down the American and totally ignored everyone else. You'd think the American runner was the only one competing.

Terrible sportsmanship, in my view. But there was a nice movie on another channel!

I pay occasional attention to the Olympics. But looks like a lot of other folks are tuning in, according to this.

Just seems like the Olympics has become all about the show and the marketing. Sport has taken second place.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012