Thread: Personal address vs. PO box vs. UPS mailbox

Array

Default Personal address vs. PO box vs. UPS mailbox

I am starting a home based business and I do not want to use my personal address for several reasons. What are your opinions about a PO box? I've heard that you can't use Google places with a PO box but you can with a UPS private mailbox. What are the pros and cons to a UPS box?

Banned
    Array

A UPS Store box can be used to receive UPS/FedEx packages, a post office box can't.

Really, though, we did that a few years ago for one of our businesses and it turned into a hassle to remember to go to the box to pick stuff up, so we dropped it.

<rant>
    If someone wants to know where you live, your digital footprint isn't small enough to hide that information, so why bother inconveniencing yourself over it? For $30 I can find buy anyone's personal information. People are happy to hand their credit card to someone who makes sub-minimum wage, but they worry about whether an SSL certificate is on a web form, meanwhile Target's card scanners are infiltrated for weeks while their company managers knew it and did nothing to alert their customers for fear of losing sales. You see how this works?
    </rant>