Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do when you hate blogging

Blogging has a great ROI. Unfortunately, either you like it or you don't. If you don't, you never will. Hire someone else to do the work.
    Dan Stelter | SEO/Internet Marketing Consultant, Content Marketer, & SEO Copywriter

Three reasonable options

1. Switch media

2. Outsource the blog

3. Do a one-time blog

Array

Personally I hire a content writer to manage blogs for my customers... I pay mine very well though, because she has to write for different industries and some research is involved, but she knows a lot about many different industries now and she enjoys it... at least that what she tells me... i never hear a complaint from her.
    Jonathon Harrelson
    Front End Web Developer - SEO Consultant - Web Evangelist
    The worst thing anyone can ever tell me is that I forgot a semi-colon...

If you HATE doing it - then don't do it. OR you could consider getitng a ghostblogger. Blogging is great for SEO so it's still good to have some sort of blogging, if once a month. In terms of content, you can do others things to get in front of potential customers - videos, podcasts, graphics, etc. Everyone's got their own thing and you don't HAVE to rely on blogging

Array

I think as an accountant/bookkeeper you should focus on very local networking, mostly traditional. I donít see much chance for widespread online virtual success. Expand your local business. Donít try to be an internet business; itís just not a good fit in my opinion.

You may have some success by blogging on very local community type sites and forums. You are probably living among plenty of work opportunity without trying to reach out across the internet. Capture your own local market first.

My humble opinion, the internet isnít the answer for every business.

Don't stop blogging! SEO is an ongoing job. Just hire some unpaid interns from Craigslist. Learning to train people on the importance of marketing and blogging and SEO will be far more fulfilling than typing each post yourself as well.

Array

I have a company I do a lot of work with that only charges $75 per blog post. Very reasonable and the staff is so amazing. I could talk all day about their servant leadership and fantastic culture. If you really hate it and want to keep it up maybe hire someone to write a few here and there when you aren't feeling up to it. Also, blogs can be super short. I recently spent a day brainstorming ideas with my team and have about ten new topics to write on. If there are days where you feel up to it perhaps you can write several at once and then post them 1x a week.

Another idea is Vlog instead of writing. Create 60 second videos and publish them.
    Emily LaRusch
    Founding Bettie | (602) 626-8808
    www.backofficebetties.com

Array

You should totally hire someone to do it for you - make sure they're passionate about the topic. Hire a college student (they're cheap and passionate)! I've found that writing about things when I don't want to really shows in my posts - so I'd just stop if I were you!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MedTutor
    Hire a college student (they're cheap and passionate)
    But passionate about what? It's probably not your business. I'm not saying you can't find a college student who's going to care about your business and can do a good job, but I'd be the majority wouldn't. I'm just thinking back to when I was in school. I can't think of too many of my fellow students who would have made a good hire. Once they graduated, then yes, but while in school your business would have fallen low on the list of priorities.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Then comment on blogs that interest you and related to your business. Not everyone should have a blog, though that goes against everything you will read online. If you want to only blog once in a great while, then offer a one time post to those blogs that:
    1. Target the readers you want to attract to your business
    2. Are a personal interest of yours

Whatever you do, don't allow what others do pressure you into doing something you will regret. There are too many "dead in the water" blogs left abandoned by business owners who learned too late how time and resource dependent having a blog turns into.

I'm a professional ghostwriter with clients who have blogs. Most had not updated since 2012..a long time to rely on it to help market their business.