Thread: outsourcing product manufacturing and assembly

Default outsourcing product manufacturing and assembly

Hello everyone,
    I am in the beginning stages of starting a business online and I had a question. I'm looking to outsource the manufacturing of a product that doesn't exist already. Because i have never done this, I am not sure how to proceed. I have found individuals or individual companies that can design my product for a manufacturer, but no one manufacturer that produces all the pieces. If any one has any experience here i'm curious if there are companies that can be shipped parts to assemble? or basic recommended sites/process for creating a physical product.

thanks for any feedback,
    ken

Array

Hello Ken and welcome to the site.

Depending on what the final product is, and the anticipated early volume, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it yourself. This way if the numbers grow to where you need dedicated assembly plants/outsourcing you will have a better grasp on where mistakes can be made and help improve your quality control.

If you choose to decide on assembling yourself, focus on quality before volume. Make sure the job is done right the first time as well as every time. Production will be slower to start, but over time you will learn how to increase the efficiency and how to be more efficient overall.

I hope this helps.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Registered Member
    Array

hey you have asked incomplete question. Please tell what sort of product you want to make. And yes you should assemble yourself, as this will minimize your cost.

I've helped many people make connections in China for everything, even private labeling.

In general, it's easier, less stressful and just as cheap to outsource your manufacturing to China. I'd go this route if it's feasible for your business.