Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got stumbled

Array

The landing page just showed as "/" So not sure. Anyway about the visitors, yes many quiet quick. a bounce rate of about 60% is showing, so many stopped looked and moved on.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

60% is a pretty good bounce rate from StumbleUpon in all honestly. I think there's an issue though in how SU works and many people get recorded as visiting two pages on your site when in fact they've only visited one. I had seen an article about that awhile back, but haven't been able to find it again.

If all you're seeing is / it's possible it was your home page that was stumbled. To check go to:

stumbleupon.com/url/url-of-your-webpage

You'll be able to see if anyone has stumbled your page and who has voted and left reviews if it has been submitted.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

The best way to get stumbled in stumbleupon.com is to keep on stumbling and post a review on the site you have stumbled.
    Enhance your professional image with customizable business cards/business card designs

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Of course just because you get stumbled and get traffic from SU, doesn't mean any of that traffic is useful. A lot of people see traffic as the end goal, when it's not. I'd rather have one visitor who buys something than 1,000,000 visitors who bounce.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

I guess in regards to a blog, buying something would be subscribing. So i guess it then comes down to if you want page views or genuine visitors. This of course most likely would depend on your advertising method.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If your goal is to show stats so you can sell advertising then I guess you're looking for pageviews. The problem with that is it's really not a sound business model. Say I advertise on your site because you're showing a lot of pageviews and visitors. A month or two in and no sales for me and I'm pulling the ads no matter how much traffic you show.

The concept of getting traffic solely to show to advertisers is artificial. Ultimately it leads to nothing more than meaningless stats. I'm sure you can make money with it for the short term, but the money could go away overnight. Better to build a sound business model that can sustain itself over a longer period of time.

If your page has got stumbled upon then it seems to have a very interesting post, good for you, your pages are optimizing for itself

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Not necessarily. You can get traffic from StumbleUpon without having a good page. Better to get less, though targeted traffic, than a lot of traffic that isn't interested in what you're offering.