Thread: Blenders

Default Blenders

I just thought this was kind of amusing. At 3 am Ninja blenders has been having infomercials on their blender. It's their top of the line blender for about $200 in ?? easy monthly payments for the rest of your life. The infomercial offered a food processor attachment. I did some looking and it seems that food processor attachment is only available through the infomercial. Kind of suspect. I was interested in the blender with food processor attachment as I have a small kitchen and it leaves a small footprint.

I need a food processor and decided to buy a 'food processor' recommended by Consumer Reports. I also have a less expensive Ninja blender which works really well because of the three tiered blades. I only paid $40 or something for that though. It's a good product.

So anyway, as I was going through reviews, there were a lot of negative ones. Most of them were complaints that the blades were to sharp... My child might cut himself on it... A good third, maybe even half of the negative reviews were because of the sharp blades. What are these people doing letting their children play with blades. Do they buy dull knives so their children won't get injured?

I just thought that was an incredibly amusing reason for giving a bad review.

BTW, I don't know that I would recommend the $200 blender, but the one I have works great. I make protein drinks for breakfast. With a high power Oster blender the dry protein powder sticks to the sides. With the stacked blades in the Ninja that never happens. At that price level its a good product.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It is crazy what people will complain about. You're right. Who exactly is letting their small children play with the blades of a blender? So many negative reviews I come across seem to be one person with a gripe about something that only applies to them. People like to complain so they do.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Maybe the blenders should have clearer warning signs... "Caution: Don't Let Your Stupid Children Play With Sharp Blades."

haha
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Array

I bought a $500 blender in August and I love it (Vitamix). It's the last thing I bought as a married man however (I didn't ask permission). Ironically, they bragged about their blades NOT being sharp because they didn't want anyone to get dissapointed later when the eventually become dull after use.

I love my blender!
    Steve B

Array

30-50% of us are glass 1/2 empty types (me included).......i know people who have never been happy with anything in their life.....i have a brother that searches for things wrong with everything he buys or does......its frustrating and depressing at the same time...

Array

The glass is half full!!!
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Just FYI as well. I had a cheap food processor that had been broken for 6 mo. I bought a Hamilton Big Mouth from Walmart for about $70 delivered. Highly recommended by Consumer Reports and a lot less than a Cuisinart. Just arrived yesterday and its a strong big durable sort of thing. I didn't do any spec comparisons, but it certainly seem like a quality product for the money at this point. It also had a warning: blades are sharp