Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advertising rates/fees

Array

Oops sorry for the confusion. I meant posting/listing publicly your hourly rate or fee.

Array

with new homes i even give the builder my bidding sheets to prove that i dont play games with prices....my prices are constant and dont rise secretly after a few months of business....i tell the builders what i charge per hour.....consistancy is very important for them because they want someone they can trust and dont want to price out every project with multiple subs...they dont want to waste time...most only check prices yearly to make sure the subs are inline with the market.

with remodelers i let them know my price per hour, but not the hours bid....hours bid is alot by feel...there is only a loose bidding structure with too many variables.

with homeowners on small projects i do them T&M so they know exactly what i charge.

with homeowners on large projects ive had bad customers ask for my hourly rate and how many hours i have on their projects...they then use this to argue with me....i do not give the homeowner my rate or bidding method on large projects....if i get the job done early they would want money back....

so my answer is...sometimes yes , sometimes no.....when its to my advantage to build trust i say YES give them your pricing....when its not to your advantage i say 'none of their business' a bid is a bid you dont need to know my structure