Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quiznos files for bankruptcy following worst ad campaing ever!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I think the connection I was trying to make was about the decisions that they made in one area, may be a symptom of others.

Array

they are trying to be unique in their advertising....its odd, but I figured its geared towards younger people

problem is young people don't have $$ and would rather go to Subway for 1/2 the price.....I liked quiznos.....yes they were sloooow....not a high production sub.......their normal size was extra small and their large was like $10 vs $5 at subway

I miss them over all.....im willing to pay for the unique taste...I miss the $3 cookie

Registered Member
    Array

I think the problem is the actual system more then the ads.

People would tend to remember something like that.

Array

Quiznos...whew one of the greatest franchise marketing deals/scams ever! Their original plan had little to do with creating successful franchisees. They spent a fiotune on their initial push to attract franchisees. You may remember the TV ads they ran before they ever opened a store...they built up such incredible anticipation porospects just rolled over. They collected, I think, close to half billion in upfront franchise fees. They ran many simultaneous franchise campiagns in major cities all at once. Prospects were lined up signing complicated agreements on the spot. Their original franchise agreement called for them approving/finding locations and exclusive trading areas for the franchisees. They couldn't keep up with assigning locations and many franchisees eventually were approved for locations well out the area that they requested. Many had to wait so long they never bothered opening AND could not get a refund of their fee. Then when shops opened the fongoing franchise fees, food costs and other expenses were much higher than they should have been with little real support for the franchisees.

I was in the middle of the franchise world at the time, marketing similar franchise opportunities (ones that actually worked) and boy were we jealous of what they did! They created a masrketing frenzy and the original guys involved made a FORTUNE!