Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How businesses miss Marketing and Sales opportunities everyday

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Still not getting any better. I'm just astounded at the unsolicited junk people throw at me and expect me to pull a complete article out of thin air.
    9 times out of 10 upon my own investigation I'll find that they have tons of images, videos, social media profiles....why can't they send all of that to me?

I'm a small blog, but how many larger websites do all the leg work for someone else who wants free press and promotion? None. Now I know why articles on most websites are so boring when there's actually more collateral out there. Because most marketing departments suck and don't know how to send out enough of the important information.

I mean how do you announce the opening of a new nightclub with no images? How do you talk up a new liquor without even a picture of the bottle? What are people supposed to look for on the shelves?

It's getting really frustrating. These people are supposed to be the marketing professionals. They have marketing positions with salaries and their only responsibility is promotion.

I actually had one promoter ask me in an email why it seems like I favor one management company over all of the others. I told her point blank, because they send me complete press information. You make me search around for stuff to promote your artists. That's why.

Why do so many of them half ass it?

</rant>

It is frustrating when you want to help someone out by giving them a bit of publicity and they don't have the info ready for you.

One of the main problems i have been running into now a days is that these companies anymore do not give the right training or right amount of training to there employees anymore. when i train someone to take on a leadership role for me i make sure that they get the absolute best training that I can give them so things like this should never happen.