Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stumbled across the site and glad I did

Thanks for the responses guys, I have been wrapped up in school for past few days getting ready for my midterms. I posted a link to my business plan for my project that I eventually want to open in the business plan section. The financials still need to be done so they are in the original form but everyone seems to like my idea.

Also I received an A on my first test, I was pretty shocked it was a low A but hey an A is an A lol

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Congrats on the A. Always better than a B. No need to apologize when you're away for a few days. We all get busy with other priorities.

I checked the thread where you posted the business plan. The link to it didn't seem to be working. I get a message from Google that I need to request permission to view it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Hey Ryan. Congrats, it sounds like things are going well.

To give your business a boost, consider starting a local gaming website for the area you plan to open your shop in with a blog and maybe even a forum. If you can become an authority and build up a following you'll open your doors to a primed customer base rather than to crickets. You could even start by using Meetup.com to organize and host some local meet ups. When the store opens, you can just start having the meet ups at the store.

It'll take time, but if you focus on it for the next couple of years you'll be in an excellent position by the time you open the shop. Not only that, but you'll get a better idea of what those on the community are interested in and you can gear that. Then again, if after a year you're not able to gather much interest, maybe you'll realize that the local market isn't sufficient to support it.

But on the other hand, maybe if you develop a large following you could do some sort of local crowd funding campaign to finance the opening of the business. Those who support it would get some sort of perk or privilege when the store opens. For example, that privilege could be 3 months free of membership, which means free drink refills and snacks or something for that period. Combine that with something like Foursquare where people can earn points for the time they spend at your store to make them want to spend more time there. There are a thousand things you can do, just get creative with it.

Best of luck!
    Need a new website?
    Professional business websites in 60 seconds.
    Try our business website builder free for 7 days.