Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: competition using my business name for adwords

Array

Can I ask how your competitor was pretending to be you? Was he literally saying on his website that he was you? When I go to his website now, it says the domain is owned by: (and then he has his business name). What was on his website before this change?

And can I ask what the letter from the lawyer said? Was it overly threatening (i.e. If you don't make the change we'll be taking to you court), or was it more of a "gentle request" on a the lawyer's letterhead?

Travis

I understand getting upset at a competitor. Why not focus on SEO rather than ads more. Also focus on Facebook marketing. Just an idea
    Chris
    Owner Cel Financial
    https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/

Array

I still fail to see how using "<city name> plumbing" - especially online where that's a choice keyphrase - is wrong. It's perfectly valid for adwords, site headlines, etc.

You got lucky that he stopped Huggy. I would have called the bluff (and that's all it was.)

Now, if he said on his homepage "call <city name> plumbing at xxx.xxx.xxxx" THEN it's wrong. Was he doing that?
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here