Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of starting up a new blog. Again. Tips and Opinions are welcomed.

Your new blog looks very interesting. Good luck on the "Will I have the time?" issue, though. It looks like a lot of work to keep it fresh.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Business Attorney View Post
    Your new blog looks very interesting. Good luck on the "Will I have the time?" issue, though. It looks like a lot of work to keep it fresh.
    The general consensus is that the subject matter covers wildly different topics that attract completely different demographics, and that it will be hard to target a market.

For some reason I don't see it that way.

I like when certain consultants or businesses have a "Random News Wednesday" or something like that because it allows them to share unrelated content while still following the theme of their blog. I have come across blogs that contain a lot of unjustified nonrelated content which shows they have no structure and have probably lost interest in the primary theme which eats at the foundation.
    Lead Management Software - Capture Leads, Track Leads, Score Leads, Nurture Leads and more.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMaster View Post
    I have come across blogs that contain a lot of unjustified nonrelated content which shows they have no structure and have probably lost interest in the primary theme which eats at the foundation.
    I see that all of the time too. I'm really particular about keeping on topic and what kind of things I will post. For instance, the blog is heavy into nightlife and clubbing. Yet, I'll only write or post about certain genres of dance music and I make no bones about it. For instance, don't send me no Dub Step. It will never see the light of day on my site.

I even go as far as to tell promoters and others submitting press how I want things submitted and what they need to include.

Most already have it down to a science, but new people or people new to promotions and marketing will send you a quagmire of BS to wade through, and send you to websites to grab images. I can't work with that. Most times I just don't have the time to write their press release, as well as my own stuff.

The new public relations and other companies that I've reached out to seem to be receptive to how I'd like to promote their clients, and get the word out for them.

Like I said, I've done this before and was successful so most of the people I'm reaching back out to already know me and know that I'm going to present their stuff well.

Sounds pretty particular, but once you get a rhythm down and people start seeing it, then they really start sending press and stuff.