Thread: Home Theater/ Pro PA Install Business Start up

Question Home Theater/ Pro PA Install Business Start up

I want to start my own sound intallation company the provides services to home and commercial facilities installing surround systems, in wall speakers, PAs, Control booths, mounting TV/Projectors, and Installing automation systems (Like Extron MediaLink products). I would charge by hour plus parts, I live in Orlando FL and from my research there is not many companies around here like that, except the big box stores services, which are not as comprehensive as what i wish to offer. I have lots of experience with both HT and Pro setups in Churches, Theatres, Home, etc... and I've done my fair share of cable pulling in attics, and I'm very confidant in my skills.

Do you thing there is potential in this market?

What certifications do I need to obtain? Electrical Certifications? Etc...

I've already came up with a name and a Logo
    AIS2.jpg

What do you think?
    Do you have any experience in this field?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum jadams. Not seeing a lot of other businesses doing the same thing could be either be good or bad. On the positive side it would mean there's no competition for. However the reason for no competition is there might not be a huge market for this either. Even though the big box stores may not offer as much as you would, it's possible they offer enough to meet the market's needs. They also have the advantage of being right there when the customer buys the gear.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try this business. Just thinking if there's a way to test if there's a market first it's probably a good idea. Can you start up with minimal costs? Could you do this on the side at first while you build the business.

You say you've set up systems in churches, theaters, and homes. Was this on the side or was it working for someone else? Would it be possible to get recommendations from these places and let them know what you're planning to see if they can recommend you to others?

I do think more people are going to want the kind of systems you want to install. if that's true there likely will be a growing market.

As far as certification I wouldn't know, but I would imagine it depends on the state. A lot of state business information can be found on the website of the Secretary of State for each state. I'd start there to see about certification.

I like the logo. The play button says a lot about what your company will do. I have a suggestion on the text. What if you moved the AIS up and to the right of the play button. Imagine a horizontal line coming out of the point of the play button with AIS sitting above. Then the text for the full company name would be located below that imaginary line also to the right of the play button. I think it would allow you to have the text be a little larger and more readable. I think it would also balance the logo more.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals