Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Link building is a waste of time. And one reason that it isn't. But it is.

Array

Hi I am Eliot, I think link building does not work how it used to thanks to the boys at Google. I have started using social media rather than updating my websites and its working far better without using backlinks. For example naming the site on tumblr with the keyword I wish to rank for. The traffic is not huge but targeted and converts to buyers.

Array

When I place comments on sites such as blogs, I focus on the potential for direct traffic from those kinds of sites rather than whether the link will help with SEO. Any SEO benefit is just a side bonus.
    Capital Projects Enterprises | http://www.thecashflowsite.com/

Array

Links are still the backbone of SEO. Look at the top 10 results for almost any search term and it is still the quality of links that matter. The days of automated spamming are long gone but selective, manual link building is critical for the rankings of your website. Great content on it's own will not work

I don't think that link building is waste of time. It is still a foremost important factor in ranking. You can say that it has become a difficult task now. You have to do research on the domains before linking to them.

If links doesn't matter, then how search engines rank websites ? In-content links, high pr, with unique content does work well. Guestbooks, low quality directories, forum profiles - yes, bombing website with these links might harm your website.

I agree that the days are gone when you were doing these stuffs to get better ranking, but now also it is there in a different way, we need to work more precisely to get a valuable link for your website and you can say that the method of building links with directory submission and blog comments are dead now, but link building is too much there in the way only the method and relevancy has changed.

Array

I don't have a problem with the idea of having great content on your site, since it's something that Google highly recommends. However, the problem is that your site could be filled with great content and still struggling as far as traffic is concerned. If you find yourself in a highly competitive niche, without link building you'll never get anywhere. The bottom line is that content only is not sufficient to get you where you want to get. I completely disagree with the idea that building back-links is a waste of time. You can spend your time on publishing great content on your site, without some links that can allow you to get some ranking which in turn might give you some level of visibility in the search results you won't see any results.

I do not see this as a waste of time and I am sure that all you are talking about the negativity if link building is nothing to do with quality link building for your website. I have tried to rabk only with the links and has been successful as well.
    Website design company in Hyderabad | Best urologist and Kidney Hospital Hyderabad | For website design website development and urologist in Hyderabad for kidney problem.

Array

Everyone is scared to link build - but they shouldn't be. As long as it's not unnatural and it is relevant then it will only be good

Array

Well are you talking about link building for search engine rank? Or possibly to get a few random visitors? I think it's worthwhile to contribute to a forum, other blogs, classified advertising, and other ways of promoting your website/blog. May not be too thrilling to start with, but the more links out there, the more traffic you will eventually get.

I do agree that content will attract traffic, but getting links out there doesn't hurt.
    Brian Satterlee - Satterlee Group, Inc. - Blog - FreeLeadsExplosion.com