Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blog Giveaways

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Funny that I just saw this thread. Just yesterday, I gave away 10 free downloads of a new track that came out that I had written a short review on, and posted the new video.

I didn't give them away on my blog...I gave them out to my Twitter followers. It was over and done with in about 20 minutes..(.may have been quicker if I hadn't done it on a Fri night).

I do have a few promo copies of some new releases coming that I will probably do the same thing with.

Will it help ? I don't know but I don't see anyone else doing it and it's kind of fun.

I think on the next one, I'm going to announce it, bookmark it," Facebook" It, and "My Space" it, that I will be giving out copies of a particular album on Twitter at a certain time and see what kind of response I get.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 03-01-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Let us know if it leads to more subscribers. It'll be interesting to see what response you get.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Definitely do let us know what the results are. I've seen people giving away things on Twitter, but I've never heard what the results are of doing that. I'd be interested to know.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Well....I have actually changed my outlook on getting twitter followers. Not looking for the big number anymore as much as i want to make sure that i am following everyone that has anything to do with, or is a fan of dance music, and I want them following me.

I actually just went through my friends and followers and cut out everyone that wasn't following me back (It's been 2 weeks) unless they were a big name in the industry. What that mostly did was lighten my load of all the marketing and SEO guru's.

So I'm not really looking for the big numbers, but I do want the "who's who" on my list...that is waaayyy more important.

It's more of a "thanks for following" , than it is a "see what you get if you follow me?".

Array

that sounds so good and relevant to your thing...i wish i could find something that interesting and desireable for my blog readers......ann
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenoak View Post
    that sounds so good and relevant to your thing...i wish i could find something that interesting and desireable for my blog readers......ann
    Of course you can, and you will probably trip over it the same way I do...by mistake, but it's the journey that puts you in position to notice it when you do find those little things that you can apply to your marketing.

It's always one thing, that leads to another, that leads to another....and before you know it you got 3 or 4 solid things going on, that you would have never thought of before, had you not taken the steps and .tried a few things out...and threw a few things up on the wall to see what sticks, (or has the potential to stick if you just change the recipe a little).