Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's a safe first business to start?

I think you should pick something you believe in and want to do because your interest will show through the business. I would not stress to much about experience currently. Learning the best way to run a business is 50 percent of the difficult task right now.

Array

I would suggest looking at what your skills are and what you think people are willing to pay to fix or help them with. At 16,you can work i assume,not knowing where you live. Set a goal of how much you think you need and when you need it,and get started. Cause then you will see what you really want. When you do a job you hate,thats when you will find the job you love,cause the ideas will start to flood to your mind. Im a nurse-do you know how mind alteringly boring nursing is? But i do it as i march towards my goal of saving up capital.
    Look around and see what needs to be fixed (within legal jurisdiction) and of you can,offer to pay to fix it.find a need and offer a service. walk dogs,cut lawns as mentioned,wash windows,sell toys or food or what ever is needed in your area. A good book for this is Rich Dad Poor Dad, or the cash flow quadrant.

Good Luck.

Array

It depends on if you have restrictions whether Federal, State or even local for that matter. Something small like a lawn business would be a great small business? What do you know? Computers? Small Engines? Restaurant?

However you will have to think about if the infrastructure grows, how much is it going to cost to insure your business. Sliding scale type of business can be scary.