Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Web Sites of 2008

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny. They don't even use Flash right. When you click on a link you shouldn't need a new Flash file to load. If you're going to use Flash take advantage of what Flash can do and don't treat it as moving from one page that takes a long time to load to another page that takes a long time to load.

My favorite is Haven Works. Warning: If you're susceptible to seizures you may want to avoid this site. It will bring you back to a different version of the web, circa 1997-8. It's hard to believe anyway still puts up a site like this, but apparently soneone does.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

If you don't see me around here for a few days, it's because I am busy reading the Haven Works site. I figure I can get through the Home page in that amount of time. On second thought, maybe a couple of weeks because in just a matter of seconds, I can already feel the eye strain. WOW!
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm afraid if you spend more than a few minutes on that site we may never see you again. You could get sucked right through your computer monitor and never be heard from again.

Can you believe sites like that still exist?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Yeah, I remember when I was in the sign biz. I subscribed to a trade publication, and one of the highlights they ran every year was the Ugly Sign Contest where they invited everyone to send in their pictures of ugly signs. It's amazing (and hilarious) what some people will put up to promote business.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You have to ask yourself sometimes what someone was thinking and how they could even think someone else would like what they did with their site (or sign).

oof!! I just looked at that. I wonder what their stats look like? 100k uniques per day; average time on site 17 picoseconds.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Think people even stay that long? Did anyone stay long enough to notice the horizontal scrolling required because of what I want to say is part of the header. I'm not really sure where the header begins and ends, but it's that red and yellow section.

How could someone not know that presents a problem? Is it possible that anyone could really think they did something good with that site.

Right now they're getting a flood of traffic from the Web Pages that Suck site and thinking how great it is that people are visiting.

Array

Is it possible that anyone could really think they did something good with that site.
    Ahh you guy's are behind the times this type of website is the new trend (cutting edge). People are going crazy over it, they love it.
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I guess I missed the new trend.