Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it :-) Launched my new podcast!!

Array

Default I did it :-) Launched my new podcast!!

I am prouder of the achievement of actually just getting it out there than in the actual quality of the first episode, but I do hope it's the beginning of beautiful new things. I won't spam you all with the link...just following my normal signature will take you to a page with the "Around the Cauldron" podcast link on the top menu ;-) if you want to check it out...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Congrats Patrysha. I have it playing right now. I won't be able to listen to it complete right now, but I promise to listen to a complete episode before the end of the weekend. That's when I usually listen to podcasts.

Last year I started recording audio for some of my posts. Not exactly a podcast, but similar. Most are in the 10-15 minute range and it's only me. At first I was writing the posts and then using them as crutch to record the same topic. Lately I make some quick notes and then record and after I'll listen and write down the gist of what I said. A few people who aren't native English speakers asked me to keep the written posts as they could read English better than listening to it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!

I know from personal experience how hard it is to record voice audio, let alone put together a script for an entire program.
    For that alone I commend you.
    Can't wait to take a listen.

Array

Thanks for the support Van Gogh! I appreciate it. But you don't have to listen to the whole thing...most of it is really just nattering.

But I've booked a guest for next week now and talking with someone about the week after - so they should all be much smoother from here on out.

This is my third kick at the cat as far as being a podcast host - neither of the last two survived very long. The first because it wasn't my production - I was hired to host and produce but it was paid for/sponsored by someone else - and they didn't see a return on investment after three months and pulled the plug. The other one - I didn't research my co-host well enough and it turned out I really didn't like his style as much on the air as I had appreciated it off the air. It was a side project and not tied to my main business and it would take a while till it could monetize so I jumped after the third episode.

I wanted to be a newscaster as a teen (I wanted to be the top tv news anchor in the nation to be precise) and I went to (what ultimately turned out to be a scam-type) broadcasting school - but never followed it through to a career - so I've been very drawn to podcasting for a long while.

I have to script if I'm talking to myself. Or record in 3 second soundbytes. I can't seem to go longer than three words without saying um if I'm talking to myself - If I have somebody to talk to, it has to be unscripted I find...

Awesome. You have great enthusiasm and energy when you speak which livens up the show. I've listened to podcasts that started off with a monotone host which made it 10x harder to get into the podcast!
    Lead Management Software - Capture Leads, Track Leads, Score Leads, Nurture Leads and more.

Array

Congratulations!
    Reach More Customers - Fast, Affordable Websites http://www.verner.me/

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Good for you. I will definitely give it a listen.

Podcasting is something that appeals to me. I'm thinking it might be time to try it.

Array

Great job, Patrysha! I just listened to Episode 2 and you have a great voice.

What kind of program do you use to record your podcasts? Is it done over the phone, skype, or just on the computer? I've never done them before, so I don't know anything about them.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Array

Thanks so much guys! Yay! Listeners!! I'm not actively promoting until after I have 6 episodes in the can so it's been mostly friends and family so far...

David - I do the interviews via Skype and use the Pamela recorder and then use Audacity to edit and put it all together.

Array

Congrats! I've always wanted to start a podcast but just to goof around with.