Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competitors are busy - we are not. New biz not making money

Array

It's an niche market. According to what you are describing there can be only one reason as to why this is happening to such an extreme (competitors are busy, you have no clientele): They are getting to potential customers first, every time. Fix it.
    We are what we do repeatedly.

Hi Jhon

It's surely not a matter pf service as your biz is relates to car rental that to a resort area. It seems like poor marking and linking of website. As you mentioned on organically a top serach engine ranked you No1 then also you are not getting business, it clearly indicates that.............

1/ the tourist comes to that resort area mostly through website ( As you have indicated that you competitors are getting business through websites) they must be inter lniked their (resort people & your competitors) websites with each other.

2/ while tourist are booking resort a pop up window or something like that must be highlighting or making a branding of your competitors.

3/ may be your competitors have involved some of the sale staff of resort for some kind.

I strongly suggest you to work on interlinking of website and work on cyber marketing than any other. go for mass mailing forum contact making. or hire someone expert in these field on contractual basis.

Regards
    Boby

Array

Agree on packages and partnerships. I'd work on getting reviews and partnering with travel agents and hotels. With the hotels, I'd suggest adding value somehow, like delivering cars to them rather than making them come to you. Also, are you using any kind of analytics to see exactly what's happening with all the website visitors, where you're losing them?

From what you're telling me, I get that your competitor has established relationships and trust from folks in the area. They are a known commodity somehow. Probably has a reputation and is getting word of mouth. Also, could he have Corporate contracts that you don't? Corporate accounts can represent a steady stream of business/income. Part of what you're experiencing could just be something that will ease with time as people get to know you. Meantime, how can you establish relationships? Can you offer some kind of incentive plan with auto body shops or insurance companies in your area? What about travel-related businesses? Instead of trying to get individual customers, perhaps you could establish something with people who will send you business?

Registered Member
    Array

try working from different areas. Use multiple contacts numbers. This will help in reaching out more customers. Also hire friendly cab drivers and give few benefits to the customers like discounts on care hiring or hotel discounts.