Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips and Tricks on Growing a Good Blog for Your Small Busines

Pointing out the obvious here but blog titles are key - they're what attracts your reader to your post in the first place. In addition to a catchy title, good image choices are really important; they can break up your large chunks of text and give your reader a bit of visual stimulation - there's nothing more off putting then opening an article and all you see are huge chunks of text. In a matter of seconds your reader's attention span will have waned and the window closed. It's also important when creating a blog to make your content as engaging, informative and relevant as possible - the reader needs to feel like they are getting something out of, so including tips and tricks is a great way of keeping your reader entertained. The more entertained they are, the more inclined they'll be sharing your content on social media.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Good titles definitely help, as do good images. Studies have shown, however, that some of the most effective blog titles are ones that have a number in them "5 Useful Tips, Six Things, Four Examples" etc. People tend to like tips and lists.

1. Use a good keyword tool like what Hubspot offers
    2. Use wordpress plugins from Yoast for your blog to hit the keyword points right.
    3. Make sure it's something you're passionate about or your blog posts will be boring!
    4. Use Hoot Suite to post to all your social networks in a single click!

Blogs are one of the best ways to bring your target audience to your site is via inbound marketing. Creating compelling and useful content on your blog, designed to provide value to your target audience can go a long way to increase traffic and grow your business. While writing blogs a key tip is to use SEO techniques - right tags, description, use of SEO plugins and use social media outreach strategies to amplify your blog articles to your target audience. This is not a magic pill which will start bringing growth from day one, but when done religiously over a period of time, you will see definite value coming out such exercises.

i started one that is for the law of attraction, it's totally unrelated to my business but since i love the subject i have unlimited info to write about.

Array

I just started a blog for my company with the intend to share useful tips or information with others. Of course, it is for SEO purpose too.
    BasicBrix Cloud Hosting | Web Hosting | Email Hosting | Application Hosting
    One Simple Scalable cPanel Cloud Web Hosting
    US | Singapore | Asia

Array

I would say infographics are a very valuable and very under untilized piece of content. People register pictures better then they register content.

Array

Infographics, pictures or attractive graphics are a must for generating more traffic or views for your posts. Having a good title does wonders, as well. Social media can certainly be huge in generating traffic and sharing your content to a much wider audience. Share your article on related pages or in groups where you believe your target audience would spend their time. If you're putting out high-quality content that is valuable to them, they are likely to click and follow back to your site and possibly share with their friends/followers.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Just wanted to chime in on the titles thing. Catchy titles work on social media. Descriptive titles work in search. You don't want to put all your eggs in one basket looking for the quick social media hits, and ignore what you may attract in search days, weeks or months later.

I argue that you can do both, but as for your on site SEO, search is the more important target. Catchy social media titles expire almost as fast as you post them.
    Search can serve you forever. It's not easy, and it's not instant gratification, but over time a well written article with a good search optimized title and description can give you far more traffic than that social media link bait that people forget 5 minutes after they see it because they've moved on to the next one.

Harold was on point.

Catchy titles expire fast. But, search can serve you forever.

Since we're on the topic of titles, this blog post on outsourcing content creation also has some good tips on headlines and topics for posts.

If you don't have time to go through the whole guide, these tools are recommended:
    1. Hubspot's Topic Analyzer
    2. CoSchedule's Headline Analyzer
    3. BuzzSumo