Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO For Tough Niche

Default SEO For Tough Niche

So, I have a new project in the works...

Essentially, people will get to my site via Google Images.

Therefore, there is little room for actual text content except for the following:

Alt Image Text, Image Title, 100-300 word description, tags.

It'll be done via Word Press btw.

Any tips for SEO for an image based site? You know, like a gallery?

Array

The main thing I would suggest is setting up and image sitemap with google.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

This will be a difficult venture. You will have to experiment with different methods until you achieve the results you desire. If your niche is low competition, it shouldn't be a hassle. If it is saturated, I wish you luck.
    ]Get a FREE website designed for your business. Simply visit www.mysabusiness.com and submit a request!

Make sure that you have alt tags for all of your images.

Make sure that these alt tags are keyword rich.

Make sure these keywords are relevant to the images.

There is also a debate going on about weather or not image file names should be key word rich.

Err on the belief that image file names are of some importance to SEO and work from there.

If your interested

Nextsix.com

Registered Member
    Array

That can work, in terms of ranking. I have seen sites with pure images only and they rank well not only in Google images but also in Google results/web page.

I would suggest you optimize your pages with proper meta tags as well. Then I would also add sharing buttons to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and so on.

Optimizing your images is enough. You can always rank well if you support the site with a good off page SEO campaign. Make sure that your SEO campaign includes backlinks from high PR sites, then perhaps write and share useful content as well.

Good luck!

Array

Sitemap with Google, image metatags, strong internal linkages and backlinks using relevant keywords to specific images. Don't think the backlinks actually need to have particularly high PR if its a small nice you're working with. PR has progressively become a smaller and smaller part of the equation over the years, and will continue to do so. Social sharing features are also key; they'll get you both organic traffic and organic backlink generation. Also, have a few non-reciprocal outbound links dotted around the site- search engines reward that too.

You are correct there won't be much room for something else except what you have already mentioned, one thing you were missing is image gallery and rest is in place.
    Website design company in Hyderabad | Best urologist and Kidney Hospital Hyderabad | For website design website development and urologist in Hyderabad for kidney problem.

Any chance that these images are stock and royalty-free? If so, you could share watermarked versions to different stock photo sites, and direct traffic to your site for the original images.
    Tiffany | First Port Marketing Solutions
    Your first stop for small business marketing and personal branding.

eBook: Online Marketing Tools 101

This thread came up as current for me, but I see that it began early this year.

I'm actually curious how this project is panning out. I see various ways this site could be vulnerable for Penguin/Panda issues but wondering if it's able to get anywhere since it's an image-based site. Could you please post an update and let us know?

Thanks!

Array

It will be very difficult. The best advice I can give is make sure your on page SEO is good - URL names, meta title, meta description, header tags, alt tags and at least a little bit of content