Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Need Legal advice. Problems with client and a deposit issue.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Haven't heard anything about this since Friday of last week, but I know something is in the works.

It's like hearing a noise and walking around the house with a baseball bat, waiting for someone to jump out at you.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Still no word I take it? Do you think there's any possibility this will go away or are you sure something is coming?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    Still no word I take it? Do you think there's any possibility this will go away or are you sure something is coming?
    Nothing. No letters. No complaints filed. No disputes. No emails. Nothing online like a bad review. Nothing.

From what I've investigated, none of the dispute policies cover services and disputes have to be filed within a certain time frame, which is about to end.
    The only recourse left is small claims, which I'm actually looking forward to. But so far not even any notification of that, or that he's started the process.

However, I'm still not confident that this is over.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Hopefully it's over, though given what you've told us, I'm thinking it's probably not. Just the quiet before the storm.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

He's back, and he did file a dispute with his CC company. Luckily I was totally prepared for this.

It's now a case so I can't comment on it anymore, but will update when it's resolved.
    Should be interesting.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Can't say I'm surprised given all you've said so far. I won't ask more questions given the case. Let us know how it turns out.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Well, Mastercard served as the accomplice to him ripping me off, and Pay Pal refunded his money. I never even had a shot. Credit Card companies just decide to screw people out of payment at will it seems, without ever talking to the service provider.

It really is that easy to have someone do work for you, suck up their time and knowledge, and then screw them out of payment.
    Round 1 goes to him.

This is going to be an interesting year, cause I'm just getting started. This is my new hobby now.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 04-16-2014 at 10:55 AM.