Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: social media--what should i be doing?

Array

You should post some great content regarding your business in major social medias.And also try to get interaction with your fans and try to collect genuine fans in the social media like FB,Twitter and G+.

Array

You can also hire someone who is an expert on internet marketing. There are people with specialized knowledge of SEO, creating leads through the internet, and general marketing. You don't have to do it yourself, and if you have no experience with it, it may not even be worth your time if you can get someone who is more experienced with this type of thing. My personal suggestion is to hire a part-time or a contract hire to have someone boost your business online.

Well I tried finding the study I read that backs what I'm about to say up but no such luck...

I'm a social media marketer for business small and large, and I primarily focus on Instagram. It turns out that social media networks are one of the worst converting mediums for getting sales. Email converts at a full 40% higher than social networks, and that makes sense if you think about it. It's easy for someone to scroll through their news feed on their preferred network and simply scroll over your post, totally ignoring you.

But email is a different story. Most of us have smartphones by now, and we get notifications when we get an email, which makes it pretty hard to ignore. Email requires a specific action from the recipient. They have to deal with it, whether they simply delete it or open it up, something has to be done for that notification to disappear.

What we've done is develop a process for companies to take advantage of this while still utilizing social media, because even though Facebook and Instagram aren't great for converting cold sales, it's actually pretty easy to generate email leads if done correctly.

What you do is create a resource, and give it away in exchange for the email. So for example, if you were a nutrition company selling some protein bars of some sort, you could create a free resource such as "The 3 Best Ab Exercises" or "16 Quick & Easy Smoothie Recipes". Once people opted into your email list, you could have an autoresponder series that warms the lead up by building a relationship with them, educating them, or simply emailing promotions to them.

Just something for you to think about, i'm seeing many businesses having great success with this lately.
    Last edited by JustinSkinner; 08-06-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Array

I think Social Media Marketing is important these days no matter what type of business you have. People like to Google companies before they hire them. I would recommend hiring someone that is professional, it will be a minimal expense. It should make the amount of money you spend monthly on it back if they are doing it correctly. If they are not then drop them and get someone who will do it right. Should gain your company exposure, and help you rank better organically in search engines by drawing traffic to your URL.

Good luck with it!

Social media is a good way to build relationships with potential clients. Nobody's gonna jump on Twitter to find a plumber, but if you connect with people in your area and show interest in the community, people will see you as the "neighborhood" plumber. So, when they do have a problem, you'll be the first to come to mind. Be about the community first, plumbing second.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wozcreative View Post
    Yea just make sure it's completed. Add a photo, details on the "About" section, your web address, email address, phone number.. and include a cover photo. Have it linked to your website/site linked to the page. It bothers me when people "do" setup a FB or social media account but leave it bare. Makes me think this company is out of business.
    And I'll add - make sure you post on it at least a few times a week.... once a day would be better! A dead Facebook Page makes the company look out of business too. Of all the forms of Social Media, Facebook would seem to have the most promise for actually turning contacts into clients. Post plumbing tips, recommended maintenance, funny plumbing videos, talk about sprinklers and what kind of faucet is best - just keep it short and sweet, with pictures.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

Quote Originally Posted by rtglover View Post
    Social media is a good way to build relationships with potential clients. Nobody's gonna jump on Twitter to find a plumber, but if you connect with people in your area and show interest in the community, people will see you as the "neighborhood" plumber. So, when they do have a problem, you'll be the first to come to mind. Be about the community first, plumbing second.
    Twitter is a cocktail party on steroids... but it can be amusing!
    I agree though - not the place to find clients, but another good spot to build relationships with potential clients - favorite their tweets, retweet their tweets, post specials, be human, post pictures of the cool car you saw at the car show... it's social media, be social!
    ~Jenn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed Sight Training View Post
    I spent a lot of time getting likes and some money on FB ads. The ads are a waste of money. They don't market to the people you tell them to market to and just send you a message after a few days saying x thousand people saw my ad but with no corresponding rise in web traffic and the likes that come from it were people who should have no interest in my field. I don't believe a 13 year old girl on the east coast really cares about a firearms school in Colorado. I believe they have dummy accounts for the likes and just generate the report of how many people saw your ad out of thin air.
    I disagree, unfortunately.
    I've been running Facebook Ad Campaigns for a client over the past month and we've seen measurable increases in foot traffic, web traffic and "I heard about you from Facebook" referrals.

We don't love the Facebook ad platform, but it's a place where our market is, so we reach out to them there.
    ~Jenn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Damon the Marketer View Post
    You don't ever NEED social media. Treat it as a boost when you've got everything else in order.
    You also don't NEED friends, love or coffee - but they sure make life better.
    Social Media is a great way to add a personal touch to your business - it's a pain in the rear sometimes, and I spend way more time developing my clients accounts than I would like... but it's where our market is, so it's where we need to be too.
    ~Jenn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by webdesignphx View Post
    I think Social Media Marketing is important these days no matter what type of business you have. People like to Google companies before they hire them.
    That's exactly the point. creating an online business and not affiliating it with one or more social network is like opening a regular shop and forgetting to put on a sign that says what it is.
    Better example: if you open a business on the main road it gets traffic.But consider your online shop as standing in the middle of the desert. and you need people to find you and then buy from you.
    neglecting the social network will harm you now and can doom you in the future.
    So i strongly recommend focusing on one or two and hiring a professional to maintain it.