Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Finding Clients

Expos and trade shows CAN be good. Can is the keyword. You've got to go in with a strategy, a plan. Don't do what most people do.

Here is what most people do:

1. Set up a booth.
    2. Have pamphlets and brochures out.
    3. Wait people to come by and ask you questions.
    4. Give them a brochure to take home and "read over."

This "strategy" ultimately fails because you have no way to sell to the people who walk away.

What you should do is this:

1. Prepare a demonstration to get more prospects to view your booth (don't just stand there waiting for people).
    2. Prepare a questionnaire (this should capture your prospects' emails, phone numbers and addresses).
    3. Send out a follow-up marketing campaign to those people.

In short, you should go to a trade show looking for leads and go home with a handful of email addresses, addresses, or phone numbers. And if you stopped at point one and said "I can't have a demonstration for [my product]," you're wrong. Even the most boring things can become interesting if you present them in the right way.

Your trade show strategy, is thus:

1. Capture attention.
    2. Capture information.
    3. Start the follow-up marketing (this is where the money is).

Array

Hi there!

I'd like to add a second (or third) nod to getting a website. You don't even need a complicated one.

Some easy (and relatively inexpensive) steps:

- Find out if your company name is available as a domain name. If so, then buy it. I'd also recommend adding the privacy setting, so your personal information isn't public.
    - Purchase web hosting (Google "web hosting" and read reviews).
    - Use a free/low-cost Wordpress theme (or your web host's "starter" page) and include your contact info.: e-mail & phone number.
    - List the services you provide.
    - Ask your client for a referral and use some or all of that text on your website (get permission first).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

~Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Steps212 View Post
    - List the services you provide.
    ~Paula
    Don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steps212 View Post
    - Ask your client for a referral and use some or all of that text on your website (get permission first).
    ~Paula
    Do do this (it's call a testimonial, by the way). If you can, also get a picture of the person leaving the testimonial. Put this on your frontpage, in a sales letter or below a call-to-action for best effect.

Some great advice here. Liked the play-by-play [hone call from Richt on page 1. An item or two I would add...

Who is your customer? (I think someone else asked that too)
    And once you have defined that... where do they hang out? If you can find this out... then be there.

Kiwanis or Chamber of Commerce Meetings at night? Forums that are specific to your area that you could become a member of? Maybe a Business Section Forum of the Local Newspaper?

Array

I agree with what most are already stating. A website (even a simple one) is always beneficial. Add your business to directories such as google, yahoo, yelp, etc.
    Veritas Custom Graphics & Advertising
    Custom Shirts, Signs, Banners, Vehicle Lettering & Graphic Design
    FREE SHIPPING Nation Wide

It's important that you actually put work into your venture. Without adequate implementation, you will not succeed. Try to focus on attaining new customers through innovative methods. Being unique is the best way to land new clients.
    ]Get a FREE website designed for your business. Simply visit www.mysabusiness.com and submit a request!

Array

Have you tried the flyer idea and put them under windshields at any of your local Super Markets. Just have to make sure you have permission and to apartments complexes just to name a few?

Array

im not a fan of coupons, but for a pizza place I think its a good idea

my wife bought a groupon to a pizza place id never consider...it was dirt cheap!!!...like $15-20 for a extra large, 4 soda's, 3 appetizers....maybe it was $1

the place was in a strip mall....a place id NEVER consider going to for a meal......but guess what...it was one of the best pizza's ive ever had....we've been back a few times since for full price....my 5 year old even picked the place for her birthday meal

folding chairs, 0 appeal.....they are mainly carryout.....were always the only ones sitting down for a meal...they even give you paper plates.. we go a few times a year now

website is effective, a flyer can be effective and cheaper as well

Array

Hi Bucky19,

You've mentioned all marketing tactics. Marketing does not make you sales, most of the time. You need to sell, and you need to be comfortable with that. There's no need to go door-to-door though. Instead, call up five people you ALREADY KNOW who are in business for themselves. Tell them you want to explore a strategic partnership with them that involves referral fees.

Then you can simply call them once per week and ask them who you can talk to. The caveat here is you need to be prepared to reciprocate. This is a power tactic for growing your business.
    Justin P. Nichols
    Sales Performance Consultant
    Levenax | Sales Insights | justin@levenax.com | (913) 608-4914