Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: new website---reviews wanted

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Damon the Marketer View Post
    This is why I generally don't give out free advice. The person receiving the advice either gets defensive, angry, or refuse to listen.

Good luck with wingin' it, David.
    Huggy's really good at not getting defensive.. I believe he was just responding to your suggestions and letting you know why it worked for him/why he liked it. He even asked what USP was.

To answer what USP is as I use that a bit to.. It's "Unique Selling Point/Proposition" - I think this will actually benefit you a lot in the long run. Read up on it and how to identify it. You've done this for many years so you might already know subconsciously what that is. But what helps on "selling" your services is that you can communicate the USP to the client very easily. It is essentially what they can use to differentiate your service from another plumber.

Sometimes it can take a few years before you can determine what this actually are.. I am still "learning" and figuring out what mine is because I still have a too long of a list. Mine are:

• I offer premium quality design with quick turn-around
    • I work best with startups and small businesses because I can rollout their branding, marketing material and web presence all under one roof—and support it with usually same day responses.

Anyway that's something as a business owner I'd recommend you look up.. your USP and how to find it and promote it.

Maybe yours can be that you offer lifetime guarantees? Or that you specialize in custom home builds? Or that you can get there within 2 hours? Whatever that is... it's gotta be something you do better than your competitors.

Either way, there are always ways to improve the site, but I think your site is currently doing a great job compared to a lot of plumbers here.

Other tips I remembered you can put:
    • Hours of operation
    • If theres no extra charges for holidays/weekends.. note that!
    • If you use any special mechanical equipment like cameras that get put into tubes to check out the pipes, note that too!
    • Maybe you offer a discount for seniors?
    • Maybe you offer cheaper fixtures than competitors?
    Last edited by Wozcreative; 01-15-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Array

I wasn't trying to be defensive....I had an answer to all 3 of his points.....and I took something away from his post...I always do

maybe my USP is the fact that I wear tight jeans and don't have Plumbers Crack?

Array

The plumber with the nice ass...yeah...the housewives do like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon the Marketer View Post
    This is why I generally don't give out free advice. The person receiving the advice either gets defensive, angry, or refuse to listen.

Good luck with wingin' it, David.
    The point of a forum is to help each other. I try to help others when I can. Plenty of people have helped me over the years on forums. If you don't fit into that mold, you don't belong on forums.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patrysha View Post
    The plumber with the nice ass...yeah...the housewives do like that!!
    nice ass,poop smeared on his shirt and by 12pm the sweat smell of BO starts to linger in the air.....yea the ladies like what they see

I do have a fan base of older women....the 60-70 year olds always seem to love me....the builders always tell me the old ladies talk about me

Quote Originally Posted by Wozcreative View Post

To answer what USP is as I use that a bit to.. It's "Unique Selling Point/Proposition" - I think this will actually benefit you a lot in the long run. Read up on it and how to
    Sometimes it can take a few years before you can determine what this actually are.. I am still "learning" and figuring out what mine is because I still have a too long of a list. Mine are:

• I offer premium quality design with quick turn-around
    • I work best with startups and small businesses because I can rollout their branding, marketing material and web presence all under one roof—and support it with usually same day responses.
    Those aren't USPs because they do not provide a clear answer to the question "Why should I do business with you instead of your competitors?"

Most marketing graphic designers will agree that their businesses fulfill the two "USPs" you mentioned. Look at your signature. You "specialize" in four different, slightly related categories. You're only branding yourself as generic.

Here's an example of a USP for a graphic designer:

"We offer graphic design exclusively to small businesses in the pets industry, specializing in photoshopping prototype petsware on pets of various sizes."

You can make your USP by EXCLUDING and ADDING SPECIFIC OFFERS, then putting the all into a single statement. The above comes from:

-Market: small businesses
    -Industry: pets
    -Specialization: photoshopping petsware on pictures of pets

Our USP, as a marketing company, for reference, works in the same way:

-Risk-free (working on a percent-over-base system)
    -Area-exclusive (only accept a limited number of clients in the same geographic area)
    -Commission offer (10% lifetime commissions on client referrals)
    -International marketing (handling marketing abroad: Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, USA, the UK and Australia)

"Risk-Free, Area-Exclusive, International Marketing Solution Provider Offering 10% Lifetime Commissions for Referrals"

In general, if you want a good USP, you are going to have to purposefully exclude.

Your website is fairly good. My suggestion would be to visit your competition's website, and then use the information they portray that you do not on your website. Additionally, improve upon their features in order to gain the upper hand.
    ]Get a FREE website designed for your business. Simply visit www.mysabusiness.com and submit a request!