Thread: What are the risks involved involved in starting a pharmaceutical stockist business ?

Default What are the risks involved involved in starting a pharmaceutical stockist business ?

Hi
    I am from India.I have no problem regarding arranging initial capital for pharma stockist business since that will be taken care of my brother-in-law. what are the other risks involved? I mean are there risks like the medicine purchased cant be sold to the retailers because of low or no demand?? Also how does one make profit in this business when there are many competing stockists to supply to the retailers?
    Actually I am very confused as I am not getting proper family support. I dont what are my goals and what should I do to make a livelihood. I am 37 yr old man bachelor & I dont have any good friends either so as to get advice or support. So I want to get married fast but my family is resisting since I am still living on their money. What if there is loss that is if the amount invested is more than the revenue generated?
    Now about the business I have to depend on my sisters husband for capital whom I mentioned in the start. Now he is also offering me a job in his office. what should I do? Join job and move to another city where they are located or do pharma stockist business in my hometown? I cant decide as I want to settle fast and I want to play safe. I want to earn good amount of money but with less hassles.
    Seeking some good advices from benevolent persons of this forum.
    Thanks

With best Regards

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Rajesh. The biggest risk is not knowing whether or not the business will be successful. You simply have to accept risk if you want to go into business. If your main goal is to settle fast and play safe the steady job is really the better option. I think being in business for yourself is great and I know many others here would agree, but it's not playing safe, especially when you're first starting. There are lots of unknowns and challenges.

One thing you could do is take the steady job and continue to think about what kind of business you would start. You can start it on the side to get it started and then at some point transition to running the business full time.

As far as pharma business goes, I don't know much about it specifically, though I would think you'd have to play within the rules set by your government and the government of any country you'd want to do business in. You probably want to look for official websites for each country and check to see what regulations they have.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals