Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the purpose of your blog?

Default What is the purpose of your blog?

Blogs have a wide range of purposes - from demonstrating expertise to engaging with an audience to gaining leads, blogs can be a useful and critical strategy in marketing your business.

What I want to know is: how many of you have a defined purpose for your blog? What do you use your blog to do? What are the issues/challenges that you face when blogging?
    The only freelance business writer you'll ever need - Daryl George

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Oddly enough I wrote a post last year about why I blog. Details are in the post, but here are the 7 reasons I offered.

• I enjoy writing
    • Writing improves design
    • To give back to the community
    • Blogging helps me learn and grow
    • Blogging is good for marketing and seo
    • Blogging can lead to new business models
    • Itís part of how I multi-task

When I initially started it was mainly for marketing reasons, but over time the reasons have grown. Now it serves all of the above and if you ask me again in a couple of years I might be able to add more reasons.

Demonstrating expertise to engaging with an audience to gaining leads are all things that have happened through my blog. I've gained clients through, made friends, and more recently I'm using it as a platform to help sell products.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I think that the one of the most important thing is to feel what your audience really wants to see in your posts. And the only way to find it out is to ask your readers about it. That's why we conduct the surveys from time to time to get the feedback from our audience, which helps to improve the quality of the material in the blog.
    Software Development Company in San Francisco - MobiDev.biz

Array

I want my blog to provide information over a broad spectrum. I really dont want to be stuck in one niche. I want people to be able to get all types of information from me. I guess the only issues I face is coming up with decent content and then driving traffic to it. So right now I am using my blog to inform, inspire and possibly change someones life.

<Please set up a signature through Settings>

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Our blogs are for education, to help our customers use our products better and more efficiently, and to help them learn about our company.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I've had a few blogs and each was specific to a certain niche or subject matter. I've had a political blog, a music blog, a current events blog and others.
    The blog on my website was to offer specific tips to clients about running their website.

I have since realized that my clients don't read anything that has to do with running their website, and I have no interest in writing for a general audience. So at the moment I'm not blogging regularly.

My interest in writing is sporadic. The things I like writing about don't make me money and I don't have the time to blog for fun.

So right now as far as blogging is concerned, I'm in limbo.

My primary purpose is the education of small business owners. I want to take the skill sets I've enjoyed teaching "one on one" and make them available to as many small business owners as possible. I know these business principles work because I've seen the results as businesses and ultimately families change as a result of making more money and having more time. And, like others have said, I enjoy writing and teaching so it gives me an outlet for both.

Josh
    Free Small Business training for all business types. Learn how to increase SALES, create CASH and work LESS. Visit the www.TheSmallBusinessUniversity.com.

Array

I would say that SEO is sort of a side benefit, the main reason to blog is to give good content to potential customers. By extension you'll be labeling yourself as an expert in your field.

Array

There are a few reasons, one being SEO, it can help with your ranking in google. Just because you have a blog does not guarantee you will be ranked because there are several other factors that come into play.

I also use it to provide useful information to clients, potential clients, or anyone looking to learn. Plus, I enjoy writing and use it as an outlet.

Reasons why a company should have a blog.
    A blog provides a low-cost, long-term venue to continuously bring your brand to life.
    Provides an informative resource for anyone seeking information about you or an issue relating to your brand.
    Social media and blogs are the fastest growing category in lead generation.
    You can invite guests: clients, thought leaders and industry gurus to write guest articles.
    WPamplify helps small businesses amplify their WordPress websites by combining SEO, blogging, lead generation and Webmaster support.