Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to set up cleaning service

Default how to set up cleaning service

Hi,I have been in cleaning service for a while and would like to open my own company. What are the steps to follow to set up commecial cleaning service company? (Office cleaning, schools, restaurants.. carpet cleaning.) Planning to have a few employees work for me. Where to start? What to do? Should I first set up the corporation? Then what? Can I do it online? Im in Florida. Sorry for many questions, but I have never been in business and have no idea how this works.

thank you
    Last edited by florida2001; 11-07-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Banned
    Array

My first recommendation would be to visit a small business lawyer and a small business accountant. If you've never done this, you're going to have a lot of questions and having a lawyer and an accountant on your "team" will help get those questions answered in a hurry.

Now some of the things that the lawyer/accountant will tell you needs to be done can be done by you, and you should take every opportunity to do the tasks that needs to be done so that you can handle those new relationships in the future. That'll include registering your LLC or Corporation with the state (can be done online), getting a Dept of Labor number (not sure if they have an online sign-up, so call them), setting up a payroll service (I recommend Intuit Online Payroll, which I think you can get a discount for them by going through Costco), getting insurance (both liability and workers' comp... search the web, call around to several brokers to find the best combination of coverage and rates).

Thank you, but I am trying to avoid lawyer because it is expensive. What I found is that 1. I have to register bussiness name, 2. find out if I need licenses and in the case "yes" I need to get the licence, 3. get the bank account and 4. insurence. I just need to know if I missed any step. I want my business be Inc.

thank you

Array

Spend the money and talk with a local accountant preferrably one that has cleaning company clients. They can explain so many things that will prevent extra expense + headaches in the future. Its a small price to pay.

Array

spend some time researching and come up with a list of what you need to get done...hiring a good accountant who is willing to help you get setup is very important...most just want to handle your accounting....a good one will help you through the steps of getting started....mine even came over and setup my quickbooks for me

you need to get a llc
    get a fed tax id
    state tax id
    find out how you charge taxes
    register your name
    get a website
    advertising/business cards
    invoice forms/bid forms/envelopes

the list will probably 15-20 items long

I recommend getting everything done before you start looking for customers...look like you've been in business for a long time on day 1....that means business cards/tee shirts/work van w/ logo/ invoices w/ company name & logo, etc.....if you want to look like a pro its what you have to do....if you want to look like a amateur then find customers 1st....the customers will know instantly either way and you will either attract cheap/bottom end customers or quality customers by the decisions you make.
    Last edited by huggytree; 11-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Array

Don't be scared to use a lawyer. I know they are expensive, but in the long run they will save you money and help prevent liability. If you are going into corporations or other peoples homes, you will want to have a good lawyer to help you.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

1. Decide to be a commercial or consumer-driven business. 2. Figure out what services you want to offer. 3. Consider opening a franchise or running your own business.4. Choose a location. 5. Pick a name. 6. Get your business set up. 7. Get liability insurance. 8. Obtain start-up capital. 9. Get your equipment ready. 10. Buy a company vehicle. 11. Hire or subcontract workers as needed. 12. Create a pricing structure. 13. Set up an accounting system. 14. Promote your business. 15. Be trustworthy. And you're all done!
    WPamplify helps small businesses amplify their WordPress websites by combining SEO, blogging, lead generation and Webmaster support.

1. Setup your business structure,will you be the sole owner? partnership? Do you want to incorporate? Get a hold of some legal help to understand your state procedures.

2. Create a business plan that includes a five year projection of your business cashflow.

3. Do you have money saved up to finance your start-up, if not present your business plan to a bank or find outside investors.

4. From your knowledge of the cleaning business, acquire the necessary staff, equipment, inventory and facility.

5. Market and promote your business. Give your prospective customers some type of incentive to purchase your services.

6. Setup your accounting operation. Monthly cashflow is the most important thing for a business, so get outside help from an accountant to start things off.

Hello, my friend. I am living in Turkey. I did the job you're talking about a very long time. Is now gaining a lot of cleaning companies in turkey. In addition, auctions of government agencies with işlerini cleaning can be taken. If you are interested in Turkey can collaborate

respects

Array

Thumbs up Make Cleaning Your Business, but Don't Clean Out Your Cash!

Hi florida2001!

Looks like you're in for quite a ride, but the end-result is rewarding should your business prove to be successful. Everyone who has posted seems to be leading you in the right direction. A great deal of advice has been given; most of which appears to be very accurate. If I could give some small input that I've learned from experience, it would be to make sure you are conservative in your spending. Naturally, you'll have to buy supplies and equipment, etc., but new business owners have the propensity to go all out with spending with the hopes of impressing and attracting prospective customers. Again, be as frugal as you can at the start. Allow your business to generate revenue before upgrading! Just remember: A penny saved is a penny earned.

Finally, every business needs money to operate. If I could do things differently pertaining to my early entrepreneurial endeavors, I would have held on to as much of my cash reserves as possible, and operated off of credit (to a limited degree). In short, I've found that Cash is King, and Credit is Queen! Both are advantageous in business if used strategically. You can certainly fund your own business via cash on hand, but when it's gone then what? Hopefully you'll be producing enough work that your company generates revenue (positive cash flow) to pay for overhead and more. . .the BIG idea, I know. . . But think about it: Most successful companies (large and small) use other people's money at some stage of the business. The key is to be responsible with the credit. Whether you get a loan from the bank, or use a business line of credit, it's all using someone else's money to make more money.

Hope this all makes sense. Wishing you the best with your cleaning business.

-Mike
    Here at your service! Need money for yourself or your business? Results-driven credit repair too!!! Visit my website at MikeWise.us. Send me a message or call me!. . . .