Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you keep track of your to do items

Array

i try to keep up with things and not let them get to a list...

the only thing i put off and do once a week is paying bills & incoming checks

i do invoicing every day..i want my money asap

for my jobs i schedule on a large calendar

for the few times i have more to do than i can handle i write it down on a list..its never more then 5 items

My to-do lists are precision-crafted on a cutting-edge platform of ink and dead tree technology.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012

Array

Marcomguy, i think i would like the honour of naming that special technology you are using. I think we should knight it as "Pen and Paper". What do you think, maybe you way is more descriptive and possibly better though.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

OJ, thank you for coming up with the right name! Short and sweet.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012

Excel works well as well. You can sort by date fields etc. Stuff that is urgent you can put in bold. A database would probably be a better solution- Something like access if you know how to use it. If you need it accessable both when you are out of the office and in the office from different pc's or other devices there are plenty of free todo scripts out there. I typed in php todo script and got a bunch of results.

Array

I use outlook too. Like Evan, my phone synchs with my outlook so I always have my list with me. I'm not always somewhere I can write when a task comes up, but I always have my phone with me. I set a due date for each task and a reminder so both my computer and my phone will remind me if I either don't get it done or I forget to mark it complete. I find it extremely useful especially when I take the time to analyze my 'done' list. It helps plan for the future when I see where I have spent the most time recently, what tasks have taken longer to complete than I anticipated, etc.

A quicky for those of us who love freebies ...

Full desktop Outlook usually comes bundled with a windows mobile pda.

Also, last I checked, Palm gave away software called palm desktop. It has both calendar and tasks, for free.